Center Stand Link Attaches To....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Give me a minute and I'll come back with a picture to post right here from one of my Posts if I can Find it... I'll edit and post the picture right here...

Hope this is what you need. I had to make the strap for mine from stainless steel... It was a BITCH to get the spring hooked. I destroyed several screwdrivers.

Attachments

• Center Stand.jpg
    Center Stand.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 38
Anyone have a spare one of those springs? Id like to put my center stand back on! thanks for the pic Dave

twistedmax: CaptainKyle may have one or more? It's a monster spring and you're welcome for the picture... I put the centerstand Kyle found for me on when I did my Mark's Exhaust..

if you can grab a hand its easier to attach the spring and linkage and have someone else help you maneuver the centerstand into place. a LOT more leverage.

other guys also have luck putting coins between the spring.

if you can grab a hand its easier to attach the spring and linkage and have someone else help you maneuver the centerstand into place. a LOT more leverage.
other guys also have luck putting coins between the spring.

Needlenose vice-grips are also handy for stretching and attaching springs. For really strong springs, and if space permits, two sets of grips can be used, pointing opposite each other, so that both hands can be used to streeeeetch the suckers out to their mounting point.
Cheers Miles

I haven't tried to put them on but took them off. Just thinking outside the box here. What about automotive brake drum spring tool? May not be enough room but perhaps worth a try. Twisted, if noone has your part, I think I have a NOS one in a box of parts I bought not long ago. Same terms as before, "Ask and Ye Shall Recieve". I'll send you a pic when I get home from work to make sure I got it.
Patmax

I haven't tried to put them on but took them off. Just thinking outside the box here. What about automotive brake drum spring tool? May not be enough room but perhaps worth a try. Twisted, if noone has your part, I think I have a NOS one in a box of parts I bought not long ago. Same terms as before, "Ask and Ye Shall Recieve". I'll send you a pic when I get home from work to make sure I got it.
Patmax

Thanks Patrick, Im also looking for a gen II for seat design. will your " ask and ye shall recieve " terms work with that?:rofl_200:

Putting thick washers between each spring coil works, then remove washers when spring is connected

Back