Center stand, removal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decter

Reaction score
So, I want to remove my center stand and while I can easily see the two bolt which hold it on getting access to them is a different story altogether.

Any tips? Seems like the mufflers is blocking it on both sides.

If you think that's a problem,wait 'till you try to remove the spring! Try the search function, for either/both.

center stand is not that hard to remove. if you have a auto brake tool kit the spring is a piece of cake to do. I had a ufo full exhaust on my bike when i removed it and i do remember that i had to spend a little time turning the bolts out and back in but it wasent a big deal. If it comes down to it remove the exhaust and do a nice clean job to the bike engine and pipes mufflers. the exhaust is not that hard to remove. Having the right tools will make things go alot better for you. Not sure but you might only have to remove the muffler system. I dont know why you would remove the center its a big big help when working on the bike and you can have more room in the garage if its on the center stand. I would have put a kerker on my bike but i wasent giving up my center stand.

Not sure how hard it is with exhaust on. I removed my center stand when I replaced the mufflers. The bolts weren't too hard to get at with no mufflers. Keep the bolts and stand... You can put the center stand on (hand tight) to use it in the garage. You don't need the spring to put the bike on stand.

Latest posts

Back