Center stand

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James t

To boldly go where no man has gone before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an 85 that I got from my brother with only 5,000 miles, he had it for a long time but never wrote it when I got it it did not have a center stand with it so I bought one off of eBay but I cannot find any center stand tabs on The underneath where the center stand mounts to I see a tab for the large spring but I don't see anything that was ground off cut off it's all painted the bike never had an aftermarket header on it , I heard a rumor that some of the early bikes did not come with the center stand but I could be wrong could someone take a picture of their center stand mounting tabs for me so I can see exactly what I'm looking for thanks

Do you have the factory exhaust on it? If not, then he probably removed it because that particular exhaust doesn't support having the center stand on it.

Not the underside but you can see where the centre stand mounts.

Side Stand.jpg

and here from the rear at the bottom of the pic.

Swinging arm ussets_4.jpg

Okay thanks for the photos I don't get it I have absolutely no tabs like that on the bottom of my bike there's no grind marks no cut marks nothing and it's been my brother's bike for 30 years and it has a factory exhaust doesn't make sense

You can see the painted over grind marks. I would speculate that the bike had a Kerker 4-1 installed at one time or another. Probably explains why you also have some of the Dynojet Stage 7 parts too.

the Stage 7 kit was never put on it's brand new ,pus iv known the owners of the bike since it was new and it was never touched , that's why it's doesn't make sense to me

I see what you're saying in the picture of some grind marks I've never noticed that before

Latest posts

Back