Centerstand tabs and Kerker

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vee4DFW

Reaction score
Hi folks,

How much of the tabs do I have to cut off? I have a Dremmel. Any recommended cutting disk?

Thanks in advance

You might want to get an air powered cut off tool, you will probably burn up quite of few of those dremel disks before getting the tabs off. I thought I also remembered someone saying that they didn't need to cut off the tabs for their Kerker system.... I'm not sure if it was an early style or what, but you may want to do a dry fit-up and see how much you will have to take off.... maybe you will get away with only cutting one of the tabs off. I did mine about a year ago, and I just said the hell with it and cut the tabs off without thinking much about it. I can try to take some pictures of the under side of my bike if it will help.

Jeff

I didn't even unbolt swingarm....a sawsall took no time at all and safer than a rotary tool...Also easier to come by for most.

cut flush save weight..lol

Frank

Oh yea.... I used a sawzall as well as the cut off wheel.... damn... too many beers

I used a 5 in grinding wheel so I would put on a pretty spark show within 5 inches of the gas tank..

Dremel tool??:rofl_200: I am sure you could use a dremel tool, but I would buy 2 or 3 extras with about 65 discs and after about 2 hours ya will be golden.

My first bike I just beat the taps over. Didn't fit as good as it could have but it did fit.

Sean

You might want to get an air powered cut off tool, you will probably burn up quite of few of those dremel disks before getting the tabs off. I thought I also remembered someone saying that they didn't need to cut off the tabs for their Kerker system.... I'm not sure if it was an early style or what, but you may want to do a dry fit-up and see how much you will have to take off.... maybe you will get away with only cutting one of the tabs off. I did mine about a year ago, and I just said the hell with it and cut the tabs off without thinking much about it. I can try to take some pictures of the under side of my bike if it will help.

Jeff

I had read that too on 1 of the Yahoo lists. I think it may have been Mario that said he didn't cut his tabs off and the system fit. Now I tried everything to save mine when I put on my Kerker but I couldn't make it fit no matter how hard I tried. So out came the grinder and out went the tabs.

I don't know about what Mario did, but I'm pretty sure Hercules put his Kerker on without cutting off the tabs. Check with him to be sure, but I think he used a different set of header pipes. As for me. I'm with lank. I used a grinder. No muss no fuss..........

- Mark

I don't know about what Mario did, but I'm pretty sure Hercules put his Kerker on without cutting off the tabs. Check with him to be sure, but I think he used a different set of header pipes. As for me. I'm with lank. I used a grinder. No muss no fuss..........

- Mark

Where is Hercules:ummm: I know we were helping him with his erratic starter turning on at the wrong times:confused2:

I think he is either wrapped up busy (I think he picked up a second job) - or perhaps avoiding the list (and me).

Sean Morley

Vee4, I'm not too far from ya. If you want to see where mine are cut let me know, and i'll ride to your place or you can come here.

Where are ya? If the weather is nice this weekend I can take a cruise over there.

Back