CF Cleaning Hacks?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VmaXXX

Reaction score
The original purchaser opted for carbon fiber fenders, airbox lid, and side covers. However, they're in need of some TLC. I read something pretty kooky online and wondered if anyone on here has tried it...
Lemon Pledge is the best product to clean/coat CF.

Clean and coat...I'd doubt it. I would guess it's no different than any wax and likely lasts less time as it's designed for being used inside. I think I would look at a decent polish and then buff followed by a good ceramic coat or you can always scuff and shoot some 2K clear depending upon how bad the finish is.

Scuffing and clearing is out. Way too chicken for that. Comfortable around a wrench but body work is my kryptonite.
It's not bad. There are a few scuffs where (evidently) bracketless saddlebags were used.
I've got a boatload of First Place Finish product I picked up at the BMW dealership. I'll try that stuff.

as it should be a fibre encased in a hardened gel coat like fibre glass, you might be able to remove light wear or scuffs with a paint finishing compound like 't-cut' or 'finesse it' etc.

Hey TC, I've got a few questions:
What're you using it on? Painted metal? Plastic? carbon fiber?
How often are you applying it?
Does dirt/dust stick to it?
I use on windshields and painted stuff, tried it on engine parts but won’t last. Bugs don’t stick and easy clean up. I mainly use it between washing for touch up.

One other thing you can try, if you don't want to scuff and clear is to use Future Floor Wax...it'll self-level and leaves what amounts to an acrylic clear coat.

We did this to fit a bad CF cover some years back. It had been damaged on the side.

Attachments

• 2011-09-23_17-18-31_160.jpg
    2011-09-23_17-18-31_160.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 19
Back