Change your ugly differential dust covers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dekberg

Reaction score
Hate your grey differential dust covers....here's a great way to change them to the color you want.

Before you start this project order a new differential o-ring you will probably need to replace it before you put the gear back in.

Get the plastic dust covers off (do both). Mask off the area that don't need painted.

Scuff up the surfaces that need to be painted with fine grit sand paper or a green scratch pad.

Now here's the differance from just painting them. Use canned rubberized undercoating for the first couple layers. Let it dry fully and you are ready to rattle-can them whatever color you want.

I did mine "cherry" red which looks good (atleast I think) with my black differential and red pinstripes on the black rims.

Put everthing back together (I'm sure there is a thread for that), stand back and admire your work.:eusa_dance:

Hope this helps,
Darren

Attachments

• S7301234.jpg
    S7301234.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 165
  • S7301235.jpg
    S7301235.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 135
I painted mine too, but i just used primer under the paint not rubberized undercoating. Turned out pretty good.

Attachments

• vmax 011 (Small).jpg
    vmax 011 (Small).jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 85
i did mine black as well a while ago, looked stupid with black wheels black diff and black swingarm!

Attachments

• 2010-10-28 21.02.41.jpg
    2010-10-28 21.02.41.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 67
Great looking upgrade Darren. This is one that I'm going to add to my "V-max to-do" list next time I need to pull the rear tire. Thanks for the details and pics. :clapping:

Back