Changing brake pads...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minicopilot

Reaction score
Can someone re post the link that shows pictures of how to change the rear brakes pads without taking the caliper off?
Thanks

Don't have the link but here are the steps:
-remove the plastic cover over the pads
-remove the small keeper pins (cotter like pins on the two 1/4" rods going thru the pads)....they are inboard of the caliper housing and hard to see, a pick tool works good
-pull the two 1/4" rods
-lift out the pads

*you may have to push the pads off the rotors if they're tight

New pads....same thing except you will probly have to compress the caliper pistons to give room for the new thicker pads (pull the cover off the master to make sure the fluid doesn't overflow)

Thanks for the response! I was looking for that post with the pictures to show someone. I had it on my cell and deleted accidentally. Much appreciated.

Check the master cylinder while your at it, more than likely you will need to push the pistons in to get new pads installed, which will f once brake fluid back up into the master cylinder, I suggest you bleed the lines with new fresh Dot 4.

Replacing the brake fluid every couple years is a good practice to get into as is checking levels on a regular basis. Brakes and tires are our most important performance systems.

Why do you want to change with calipers on.. that seems like a pain in the ass .. it's so easy with caliper off, just don't disconnect brake line

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Back