Changing spark plugs on 2014 VMax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foreda

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what I need to take off to change the spark plugs. My bike will not start now but I smell fuel. I figured the plugs are probably all fouled. Video perhaps?

Not long ago there was a YT video of a couple guys changing a set on a Gen 2 but I can't seem to find it now. Weird.

Definitely not a quick job.The spark plug wrench that comes with the tool kit is really handy.The left front plug is the hard one,I disconnected the to radiator hose to get a little bit more clearance.Take you’re time good luck.

Forgot to add using a rubber tipped air chuck in the cyclinder drain holes and the air compressor cranked up to 100 psi popped off the caps off worked perfectly.I also used a short piece of gas line on the new plugs to start threading in the new plugs.

Faux cover,seat,battery,battery box front left radiator hose(optional)if I Rember correctly.

Well, thanks for everyone’s input.My brother in law volunteered to help me and I have a grandson in law that is a pretty good mechanic with tiny hands. I swear he had the hardest one out in less than 10 minutes! We changed all 4 and managed to half ass remember where all the screws went! Wouldn’t crank at all before plug change. Cranked first crank after plug change. Managed to take her to the station and filled her with Premium non ethanol fuel and she runs good!

Back