Changing the handlebar grips

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vannlater

Reaction score
Hi. I don't like the original grips. They give me pain after a while when riding the bike and I don't like the way they look.
Are there any spesific you would recommand ?
Black and sporty...
Any websites where I can see different pictures of them ?

progrips are good. make sure u get one with the chrome end caps so you can toss the stock ones in the garbage.

i reused the stock chrome ring on the throttle because it is doesn't leave a gap when you put the new grip on so don't toss it. The stock chrome ring sits flush.

Progrip makes a great grip. Here is a link to the progrip section on bikebandit.com http://www.bikebandit.com/grips-universal/c/a719718a623972

I recently bought the 719 open end because I just bought bar end mirrors and I love these grips. I used to have some thick foam grips by Road hawk, but they were too big around for my short stubby fingers.

You'll want to make sure to get the throttle twist out from your old grips too. I found the easiest way is to just cut the old grip off of it with a utility knife.

Thad

We are just now carrying some new grips (about $75 with bar ends) that are very cool. You can make up to 30 different color combinations with the various billet ends that they offer. Do a search for "Driven Racing" and you'll find the site. Once I get a few of these in my hand (ordered yesterday in fact) i will be able to get a better idea what they will run and how they look/feel.

Sean

Hi.
I am really having a hard time getting the right grip off, the throttle grip. Is there a trick to get this off or do I just need to use raw power ? The left one went off easy..

Try some compressed air. If it's an aftermarket grip already it may have been glued on.

Sean

We are just now carrying some new grips (about $75 with bar ends) that are very cool. You can make up to 30 different color combinations with the various billet ends that they offer. Do a search for "Driven Racing" and you'll find the site. Once I get a few of these in my hand (ordered yesterday in fact) i will be able to get a better idea what they will run and how they look/feel.

Sean

Are you talking about the DRIVEN D3 ALUMITECH D-3 GRIPS? I queried around and those seem to go for under $50 a pair without barends and about $75 as you said with the barends. They look great!!!

Here is a picture of ones I configured from www.drivenracing.com to match up on my 05.

Attachments

• d3-dbew-1.jpg
    d3-dbew-1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 31
Hi.
I am really having a hard time getting the right grip off, the throttle grip. Is there a trick to get this off or do I just need to use raw power ? The left one went off easy..

cut it down the center with a razor blade.

If you want to keep the grip intact, use a small screwdriver and insert it between the grip and the throttle barrel. Spray some Windex in there and work it around.

A little work and the grip will slide right off.

Does anyone use the Kuryakyn Universal ISO Grips - 7/8 inch Bars? there has to be a reason they are on most bikes.
Who has them and what do you think

I have them as well but had them powder coated black as chrome isn't really my thing.

They are nice.....however when riding in stop and go traffic where I am on the clutch a bunch, the rubber bumps in the grip must push on some nerves in my hand and cause them to get uncomfortable after awhile. I have tried twisting the grips to a different position but the changes were minimal. My paws aren't overly small or large so it must just be how they hit me in particular.

Possibly I should lay of of the :jerk it: a bit.....

I am thinking about going to the drivven grips that Morley sells.

http://www.drivenracing.com/grphx/products/d3-dbew-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back