Changing turn signals to LED need help please

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roodillom

Reaction score
I have a 2007. I am trying to install LED turn signals on it. All of the info that I have found shows the wires from the bike to be colored. Bur mine are black. Two are formed together and one is separate. I think one has a stripe. What's worse is that the signals came with no color codes. The new signals are three wire so they do the running lights as well as brake lights. I am not sure what to do here. Also, many people have said that you need a resistor to slow down the blink of an LED signal. If I do need them what value should I install? However, a resistor would negate some of the power saving over a regular bulb and could also be a fire hazard. Does anyone know who sells the proper flasher for the 1200? I found one but it was for 09-16. I'd much rather put in the correct flasher for LED than to use resistors.

Also, I am installing a tail tidy with light and brake light. I have not taken the seat off. The tail tidy DID come with the wire colors marked out and tells you where to attach them but if the bike's wires are all black like the front then I am lost again. The Clymer manual shows my front turn signal wires in colors when mine are black so I am expecting the same thing out back. Hopefully not though.

Thank you very much for your time.

Latest posts

Back