Cheap Nitrogen Piggy Back Shocks On Ebay

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I've seen them on there. Would be a killer deal if they work well.

Sean

I purchased a pair but used them on an atv front suspension. The springs are painted, not powdercoated - scratch and chip easily. The rubber bushings at the mounting point distort and crack. One of the shocks leaked after 3 rides. Unfortunately, in this case, you get what you pay for.

I purchased a pair but used them on an atv front suspension. The springs are painted, not powdercoated - scratch and chip easily. The rubber bushings at the mounting point distort and crack. One of the shocks leaked after 3 rides. Unfortunately, in this case, you get what you pay for.

How much abuse did you put them through on that quad???

I thought the springs looked a little weak from the photos.

Neil

Yea, I've seen them on there. Would be a killer deal if they work well.

Sean

Sounds like MaxCrusier has already found their limitations. If he rides a quad like I do, they got abused within the first 60 feet :biglaugh:.

Neil

Sounds like MaxCrusier has already found their limitations. If he rides a quad like I do, they got abused within the first 60 feet :biglaugh:.

Neil

Let's just say that the shocks took more abuse in 60 miles on the quad than they would on a vmax in a season, but I can say that I did not take any jumps with them at that point. They are a cheap chinese knockoff that will last a year or two on a vmax. I think a set of progressive shocks (for about the same price) is a better choice

Let's just say that the shocks took more abuse in 60 miles on the quad than they would on a vmax in a season, but I can say that I did not take any jumps with them at that point. They are a cheap chinese knockoff that will last a year or two on a vmax. I think a set of progressive shocks (for about the same price) is a better choice

Thanks for the info! After reading that you should not "incincrate" the nitrogen cartridge, I understand where they are manufactured at now :rofl_200:

:cheers:

Neil

Thanks for the info! After reading that you should not "incincrate" the nitrogen cartridge, I understand where they are manufactured at now :rofl_200:

Neil

Maybe I should try that - that will make it worth the money spent:angry flame devil: :rofl_200:

Mike

Neil

We call that form mof english "chinglish"
I find it in technical manuals all the time

The guy has them listed again on Ebay.

Did anyone buy some last time and run them?

The guy has them listed again on Ebay.

Did anyone buy some last time and run them?

Shawn, I bought them a while back for a different application as mentioned earlier

The springs are weak - maybe ok for a rider no heavier than 180lbs and they have a little better than 1.5" of travel before hitting the rubber stopper. The rubber pieces, ie: rubber stopper and rubber in eyelets are very cheap - the rubber cracks very quickly. I would not recommend them to be used on a vmax

Mike

I know it is recommended to change fork oil every year or two...is it also the same with shock oil? Anyone ever change theirs?

I know it is recommended to change fork oil every year or two...is it also the same with shock oil? Anyone ever change theirs?

Generally rear shocks are none rebuildable, ie: cannot change shock oil, once they start to leak oil, they are junk.

Only high dollar nitrogen shocks can be rebuilt and recharged with nitrogen.

Mike

:hmmm: Location: France
:hmmm: Instructions: Chinglish

Maybe manufactured in Vietnam:ummm:

Sorry I was generalizing, but for piggybacks, I was told by a mfg'ers rep that for street use, checked every year (oil leaks & nitrogen pressure) and rebuild every 20,000 miles for best performance.

My take on it is when they leak oil or do not feel right anymore (your butt will tell you) , it's rebuild or replace time.

Mike

Last edited:
Back