Cheap Rotella T

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
I was at Sams club (buffalo NY) yesterday. In one of the Isles they had cases of RotellaT 15w40. The case was 6 one gallon jugs for $72.88. Comes out to $12.14 a gallon. Be a good local group buy.

Where can I get Rotella T? My 'max now has about 26,000 miles. I've used Rotella T for the past 10K miles. Went to two Walt-Marts and one AutoZone and they don't have it. They have T1, T4, T5, and T6 but no T. Is there a different brand alternative?

Retella T4 is the replacement or reformulation Rotella T.
If you can still fine Rotella T, by what you can.
On a sidenote, Rotella T4 made my clutch slip in my venture. It did not slip with the regular T. I’ve had no slippage on my Vmax.

I use the T4, if that's the conventional version. I think T5 and T6 are the semi and full synth respectively. I've been using it in my Venture and Vmax. I get it at the auto parts store. It's a buck or so more but it's worth it to avoid a Walmart shopping experience.

caseyjones955, I go to Walmart but park by Automotive, slip in that back door and have access to the automotive and ammo sections without the experience you get if you go in the front doors.

caseyjones955, I go to Walmart but park by Automotive, slip in that back door and have access to the automotive and ammo sections without the experience you get if you go in the front doors.

Ours has a pharmacy door, no public back door that I'm aware of. No matter how you go in it's just like stepping into a log jam. I live outside a town that is approaching 100k pop, so just no good way to do this during normal daylight hours.

I go between 2300 and 0100. In and out within 10 minutes. Much earlier and it can take that long just to get through checkout. I buy at least 6-8 gallons of oil at a time, it cuts down on the number of trips. Pretty much everything I've seen in Walmart is Chinese junk anyway, so oil, ammo then out post haste. Win!

Living in the Phoenix metro area, there are at least 5 Walmart supercenters, 3 Walmart Neighborhood stores, 5 Home Depots, and 5 Lowe's all within 10 minutes of my house.

As an add to this, I've noticed that Home Depot actually sells Rotella T4 and T6 for the exact same price as wal-mart $13 for the regular T4, $23 for the T6 syn. The sell filters but only the garbage lowest tier Fram "extra guard" (the ones with the cardboard cores that fall apart and don't filter anything). Now and then I've caught T6 on sale at Napa or oreilly's for that price, but normally it's more like $30 a jug at parts stores. I still go to those to get a decent Wix filter.

Where can I get Rotella T? My 'max now has about 26,000 miles. I've used Rotella T for the past 10K miles. Went to two Walt-Marts and one AutoZone and they don't have it. They have T1, T4, T5, and T6 but no T. Is there a different brand alternative?

If you ever have troubles finding the Rotella T, go to your local tractor supply co or dealer. I know they carry it and sometimes is overlooked as a place of purchase

Tractor Supply sells a product called Travellers oil. It seems to be pretty close in specs to Rotella. I've used it in both bikes in a pinch. Never had a problem using the stuff. I've gotten 5 gallon pails of it for around $35.00 on sale.

Tractor Supply sells a product called Travellers oil. It seems to be pretty close in specs to Rotella. I've used it in both bikes in a pinch. Never had a problem using the stuff. I've gotten 5 gallon pails of it for around $35.00 on sale.
Yeah Bill, I've used that oil in my 2003 Ford 7.3 turbo diesel for several years now. I have had no problems with it so far, probably around 70,000 miles with this oil. At a 15 qt capacity I have saved some $$$$. I've not tried it in the Max yet. It's made by Warren Distribution who also makes Walmart Supertech oil. Haven't tried the supertech but I read somewhere that it is a good oil. I might try it in my work beater car.

I've got a gallon jug of it, prolly gonna use it in the new Husqvarna lawn tractor after break in. It's got a 22hp Briggs Vtwin, and holds 2 quarts. I justlast week bought a gallon of Rotella, and got a deal today on Amazon for another 2.5 gallon jug. I had a bunch of Amazon points, and got the oil for around two bucks. That leaves me with plenty of oil for the riding season. And mowing season

Back