Cheapest battery? Found 56 shipped from ebay.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I'll buy used car battery and attach it to seat with duct tape. :)

You can go with cheap, or you can go with tried and true. The PC680 is possibly the best overall battery based on 35 years of real world usage in Vmax's. Typical lifespan is 5-7 years or more for most guys. We do have a big battery mod which gains you more CC's as well if so desired (not needed to run the PC680).

I live in Florida! We can use weaker batteries for cars and bikes. I bought one from ebay for $54.99.

Very simple explanation: I bought 77 GoldWing for $100. So, If I spend $50 for battery instead of $150, I can buy a GoldWing!!!;)
About price/reliability:
I made pretty good money, selling used Mercedes computers on ebay. Whoever has 01-07 C-class, get ready to pay for front and rear SAM modules...:D
Never sold Toyota computers...:(

I’m a die hard supporter of converting to a lithium battery like the Shorai LFX18. Tons of capacity, plenty of cca’s and it weighs under 4 lbs. So around 12 to 14 pounds of weight savings
You paid almost 4x my price! Thanks for letting me know, I feel smart! :D 👍

Just the opposite when we lived in Florida from 08-14. Our vehicle batteries only lasted two to three years when you are running A/C all the time. Not sure how you can use a weaker battery???

Just the opposite when we lived in Florida from 08-14. Our vehicle batteries only lasted two to three years when you are running A/C all the time. Not sure how you can use a weaker battery???
AC has nothing to do with battery life.
Cold Oil viscosity is higher, and starter needs more AMPs to turn engine, so Florida cars/bikes can use weaker batteries.
New battery can start engine about 10 times w/o charging. Battery capacity slowly decreases after a few years, but your car/bike doesn't need 10 attempts to start, it just needs one. Your car battery can be 50% dead and you don't know it.

AC has nothing to do with battery life.
Cold Oil viscosity is higher, and starter needs more AMPs to turn engine, so Florida cars/bikes can use weaker batteries.
New battery can start engine about 10 times w/o charging. Battery capacity slowly decreases after a few years, but your car/bike doesn't need 10 attempts to start, it just needs one. Your car battery can be 50% dead and you don't know it.
Not mine on cars and mechanic told me the same living down there. Not just A/C but combination of things. I went from using the same battery for 7 years to 2 1/2. Just saying my experience in living in Florida.

Not mine on cars and mechanic told me the same living down there. Not just A/C but combination of things. I went from using the same battery for 7 years to 2 1/2. Just saying my experience in living in Florida.
there are a few possible reasons, killing your battery earlier, I will type 2:
1. Too high voltage. If your charging voltage is higher, let us say 14.5-15.
2. Some batteries have temperature sensor. Computer changes charging amps, based on that sensor. Bad sensor?

Latest posts

Back