Check This Out!!! Bent Sportmax Shaft

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

one2dmax

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I guess if anyone could do it, it would be me! After Two-Face's maiden Voyage I was getting some nasty vibration and sounds. Took the shaft out this evening (knew it was rubbing a bit on the swingarm) and this piece of junk is what we pulled out!

Sean Morley

Attachments

• Bent Shaft.jpg
    Bent Shaft.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 94
Well, I guess if anyone could do it, it would be me! After Two-Face's maiden Voyage I was getting some nasty vibration and sounds. Took the shaft out this evening (knew it was rubbing a bit on the swingarm) and this piece of junk is what we pulled out!

Sean Morley

LOL... wow! I don't understand how that could happen, you are such a gentle rider!:whistlin:LOL. What's with the hot spot about 3/4 of the way down on the driveshaft?

I have seen outboard motors do that to the out put shaft.Pretty lucky to not get stranded somewhere.

Isn't that shaft a lot bigger in diameter also?

That sharp/kink bend looks like it had to twist the shaft at that spot pretty good in order to kink it?

Isn't that shaft a lot bigger in diameter also?

That sharp/kink bend looks like it had to twist the shaft at that spot pretty good in order to kink it?

I think SportMax shafts are bigger than OEM.

Supposedly they're unbreakable according to Furbur. He did have some quality control issues on the earlier batches...this may be one of them. I'll keep with stock, I'd rather screw up the shaft than the middle gear or clutch.

Mark

Supposedly they're unbreakable according to Furbur. He did have some quality control issues on the earlier batches...this may be one of them. I'll keep with stock, I'd rather screw up the shaft than the middle gear or clutch.

Mark

well....it DIDN'T break....:yelrotflmao:

yea, it made a 200 mile trip and every time I would launch it or clutch it the noise and vibration would be bad for about 1 mile as it straightened itself back up. Of course I knew it was rubbing but didn't know it was flat out bending!

From experience with his shafts I would say this is a very big fluke as the others have been indestructable even with my riding habits.

Sean Morley

Damn Sean.. you can tear some shit up man !!!! LOL.. solid steel shaft and who had to break it ...SEAN?????

At 56 bucks for a new thermostat - I can't even imagine what that would cost here to replace.....??? :ummm:

Latest posts

Back