Choices, Need some advice

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RagingMain

Reaction score
Hello All
I am stoopid
I am swapping my pumpkin with one from a 93 venture and failed to notice before I tore everything apart that the venture's pumpkin does not have a mount for my shock :bang head:

Now that I have everything apart I have some options and I am hoping you guys might lead me down the path of least trouble :hmmm:

First I can put my old one back on and live with it. I commute 70 miles a day, hence why I got the rear end in the first place.

Second I can try to drill out, with a drill press of course, the place where the bolt is supposed to go

Third I can swap the enternals. Worried about getting the gear lash set up properly.

Any help or suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated

Cheers :cheers:

Drill and tap threads for stud (or get a machine shop to do it). Can swap gears too but you need special tools to get stuff out

It's not too hard to drill and tap it out. Just don't drill too far. Remove your old stud (it can be a real bitch - best to heat the diff up) and you will get an idea how deep you need to go. Machine shop may not be a bad idea either and it doesn't have to be withing a thousand or two o location.

Sean

Thanks guys, this is what I was leaning toward in the first place. I have a machine shop where I work, so with a 6 pack I should be able to get them to do it for me.
Cheers :cheers:

Latest posts

Back