Choose between 1969 Corvettes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
George Barris, King of the Kustomizers, made a dozen 1969 Corvettes for people who wanted his input on a custom Corvette. Here is one of them.

1645661679518.png

Here are a couple of 1969 Corvettes. This first one is owned by a friend of mine, a P.E. in W. VA.

Corvette W.Va.04.jpgCorvette W.Va.03.jpgCorvette W.Va.02.jpg

This one is in a south FL shop where I work on projects, and is owned since new by the same family.

1969 Corvette SBC.jpg1969 SBC Corvette engine.jpg

A Florida non air-conditioned car originally, it's now receiving an all GM original system.

The Barris Kustom Corvette has lines and styling reminiscent of the ersatz Stutz Blackhawk, neither of which is my taste though they both cost a wheelbarrow-full of $20's.

Stutz Blackhawk.png

Which do you prefer?

Or perhaps one of Barris's his & her Mustangs for Sonny and Cher, if you're a Ford pony-car fan?

1645663024465.png

First one, the blue one. I see the inside of the exhaust is shiny so are they fake side pipes since the inside would be black or grey (leaded fuel) if the engine ran.

First one, the blue one. I see the inside of the exhaust is shiny so are they fake side pipes since the inside would be black or grey (leaded fuel) if the engine ran.

The car hasn't yet been run, so no carbon in the exhaust, but yes, that is a cover for a more-standard style of exhaust. No leaded fuel for street use these days, but you can visit your local airport for some.

That is a factory option, the exhaust on the green car. It was coded N14 on the option list. Just check the box on your order sheet.

You believe the first one is blue? 🤔

I agree with Parminio, I prefer the black one, despite the non-standard hood. :eek:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back