Chrome Carb Inlet Manifold Cover

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#2 phillips head screwdriver should work- do you have a photo? Yours may be different.
I have a brand new set if you need some. Also have the old ones that are chrome but the screw head is not in as good of shape as the new of course.

Attachments

• CIMG0898.jpg
    CIMG0898.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 46
  • CIMG0900.jpg
    CIMG0900.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 46
The screw head is actually a JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard). A Philips will work but could destroy the head if it is really tight.

video on the difference

Attachments

• Philips-vs-JIS.jpg
    Philips-vs-JIS.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 9
I have a set of JIS screw drivers.....you can immediately tell the difference vs a phillips

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

You can modify a regular Phillips to fit the JIS screws with a few file swipes right across the tip to just shorten the "pointyness".

Sean's right, of course, a #3 Phillips is what I use.

I keep a new set of #'s 1-3 Phillips in their own spot in my toolbox and only use them for things like this, another use that I have for a new tip is the master cyl cap screws. A worn Phillips will just bugger them but a new Phillips will do the trick almost always. I admit to using an impact driver w/one, on occasion, if hand torque won't do the trick. I use a smaller ball pein hammer for these, because castings can break w/too-much pressure. And, it's Dremel-time to cut a straight screwdriver slot if the Phillips X goes-away.

I often use my impact screwdriver as you would a regular screwdriver, no hammer.

I find that the bits fit pretty good.

I'd like to buy some JIS drivers someday but I'd need to clean out my toolbox. I already have a drawer full of drivers

Gonna nip to local Yam dealer to order replacement screws'cos of Sods Law. lol
Thanks to all the above tips I will make sure to use correct drivers...it seems one of prev owners must have been a bit harsh,

Latest posts

Back