Chrome or ceramic kerker

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceramic or chrome on your kerker?

• Ceramic

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Chrome

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

rebar

Reaction score
Which finish do you guys prefer on your kerker header?

Chrome looks nice. There was just some recent talk about the durability of it on the headers though. Have you considered Jet Hot coating?

I voted ceramic too, because the Kerker isn't double-walled like the OEM system, so it'll discolor quite a bit if chromed.

Jet black should be a 3rd option for sure.

Chrome looks nice. There was just some recent talk about the durability of it on the headers though. Have you considered Jet Hot coating?

Jethot sterling gets my vote if I were spending the money.

header_sterling.jpg

STERLING SILVER is our brightest looking finish. It comes out looking like a very highly polished aluminum. This coating can withstand temperatures up to 1,300?F and will reduce skin temps on pipes by about 300?F. It is a very low maintenance finish, easily cleaned with soap and water. You can use any non-abrasive aluminum polish to bring out the shine if it ever gets dirty. It will never turn blue or gold like chrome or stainless. This coating works great on normally aspirated engines and any parts that need to have a show quality finish.

I voted ceramic too, because the Kerker isn't double-walled like the OEM system, so it'll discolor quite a bit if chromed.

Jet black should be a 3rd option for sure.

Im wondering which finish to order when I get my new Kerker from Sean.

Double walled..thanks That's why my oem looks nice while my Kerker is peeling.

I want the shine. But I don't want it peeling anytime soon. Looks like I better order the ceramic. And then recoat later with jethot.

Jethot sterling gets my vote if I were spending the money.

header_sterling.jpg

STERLING SILVER is our brightest looking finish. It comes out looking like a very highly polished aluminum. This coating can withstand temperatures up to 1,300?F and will reduce skin temps on pipes by about 300?F. It is a very low maintenance finish, easily cleaned with soap and water. You can use any non-abrasive aluminum polish to bring out the shine if it ever gets dirty. It will never turn blue or gold like chrome or stainless. This coating works great on normally aspirated engines and any parts that need to have a show quality finish.

That does look good!:punk:

We can recoat your Kerker with the Sterling and save you some money if you want.
Sean

Wish the Kerker offered stainless. My Hindle has turned a beautiful shade of gold which looks incredible. Otherwise I like the ceramic coating.

Hmm. Nothing personal.. But pictures must not do justice because the gold looks like rust to me.

in what picture? haha could u imagine RUST on toxic? i dont' think so!

not sure i got mine used and the chrome is not in the best shape, think the bike was outside with P/O so might have looked better if kept in more. but a little 000steel wool helps to brighten it up.

in what picture? haha could u imagine RUST on toxic? i dont' think so!

Not your pics. Toxic kicks ass. Some bikes golding SS reminds me of 70's gold car trim mixed with chrome.:barf: Unless your other accents are gold.:clapping:

Not your pics. Your bike kicks ass. Some bikes golding SS reminds me of 70's gold car trim mixed with chrome.:barf: Unless your other accents are gold.:clapping:

i don't have any pics of toxic:ummm: mines blacked out... just saying its hard to rust something whos frame gets powdercoated semi-annually!:rofl_200:

Wish the Kerker offered stainless. My Hindle has turned a beautiful shade of gold which looks incredible. Otherwise I like the ceramic coating.

My Kerker is starting to turn a nice gold where it exits the cyl heads.

Attachments

• SDC10433.jpg
    SDC10433.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 14
  • P1030152.jpg
    P1030152.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 27
  • SDC10459.jpg
    SDC10459.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 13
Don't answer, it's a trick question. Is it for a show bike trailer queen? Is it for a daily driver? Will it cost the same to have it jethot coated when the chrome starts to go? Jethot is inside AND outside right? So ya see, there are pros and cons both ways.

My Kerker is starting to turn a nice gold where it exits the cyl heads.

Nice bike.. Im assuming yours is chrome and how many years/miles?

Don't answer, it's a trick question..

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::biglaugh:

Is it for a show bike trailer queen? Is it for a daily driver? Will it cost the same to have it jethot coated when the chrome starts to go? .

Its a nice bike which I baby around town checkin out all the Y&T. I ride the bus to work 10 min. But I never return home before the shift light set for 9.5 has flashed a few times.

I think its to late to jethot when the chrome starts to peel.:confused2:

They can remove chrome before coating??:confused2:

Attachments

• vmaxufo 001.jpg
    vmaxufo 001.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 15

Yes it is a chrome system. The bike is an '07 as far asd milage on the pipes I dunno. I've put over 3k on them on my bike. I bought the setup used from Sean, so I don't know how many miles were on it before.

They already had a light golden color to them at the first bend where they exit the head. They haven't gotten any darker.

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::biglaugh:

Its a nice bike which I baby around town checkin out all the Y&T. I ride the bus to work 10 min. But I never return home before the shift light set for 9.5 has flashed a few times.

I think its to late to jethot when the chrome starts to peel.:confused2:

They can remove chrome before coating??:confused2:

Sean had this chrome kerker jet hot coated black for me. :clapping:

Attachments

• Snow pics 2010 015.jpg
    Snow pics 2010 015.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Back