Chrome rotors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ost85vmax

Reaction score
Found some R1 rotors fully chromed and am looking for opinions in performance. Going to use them with a busa setup but wondering what people think about loosing friction with the rotors being chromed. Also how do you think the chrome will hold up and what type of pads would you recommend? Thanks.

I have seen chrome rotors on sport bikes and they seem to have kept a chrome like look although it is still grooved some. I don't know squat about its performance.

I can't believe they would be shiney chrome in the pad grip/wear area but otherwise should look good. I have no idea on the performance either, but would guess until the chrome is worn down to the actual rotor metal they wouldn't work that well.:confused2:

I remember a thread on the Yahoo groups where someone chromed their VMax rotors and had braking issues.

Best option is always to chrome the centers only... You are playing the safety card...

Exactly, chrome the centers only. You need the bite on the pad surface for the brakes to work. Been there before!

Yep I was just waiting for a few to chime in. Rotors are on there way back.

i chromed mine and applied liberal amounts of silicone spray to make 'em shiny!

Yeah I have come to figure thee is no sense in upgrading my brakes to be unsure if the rotor surface is inadequate. So I go with something different.

Back