Chrome tachometer cover?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar

Reaction score
What are the options on this plastic cover? Does anyone chrome them?

Or are my two choices paint or carbon fiber?

Thanks

Hey rebar, I got one wrapped in newspaper after being chromed from. Famaous Tenn chrome shop. Unfortunately I can't give you the price because it came in purchase I made last year. It is flawless though!

Hey rebar, I got one wrapped in newspaper after being chromed from a famous Tenn chrome shop. Unfortunately I can't give you the price because it came in purchase I made last year. It is flawless though!

What are the options on this plastic cover? Does anyone chrome them?

Or are my two choices paint or carbon fiber?

Thanks

Are you talking about the plastic surround that goes around all the gauges on the faux tank?

If so, yes, there are places that will chrome plastic. There is one about 25 mins from my house called "Pauls Chrome". They are a very well known shop among the resto crowd. Their work is not cheap though.

If that is what you are looking for you may still be able to buy a new one from the dealer. I believe the 88's had a chrome cover for the gauge pod.

Hey rebar, I got one wrapped in newspaper after being chromed from a famous Tenn chrome shop. Unfortunately I can't give you the price because it came in purchase I made last year. It is flawless though!

Are you saying it might be for sale?

Thanks Yes Mike the plastic surround.

295D Chrome Instrument Cluster Cover. $158.35

Is that about the going price? Or can I get my old one chromed cheaper?

I've seen the OEM cover go for anywhere from $60 to $85 at online dealers. Wether or not they can still get it I have no idea but the part # is out there. I think it is on the "meter" page of the fische. According to the Vmax Outlaw website, the 1987 model vmax (canada only, no US bike that year) had a chrome cover as well.

I call this place..

http://www.advancedplating.com/

$180 to chrome the tach cover and 15 week turn over.:rofl_200:

I've seen the OEM cover go for anywhere from $60 to $85 at online dealers. Wether or not they can still get it I have no idea but the part # is out there. I think it is on the "meter" page of the fische. According to the Vmax Outlaw website, the 1987 model vmax (canada only, no US bike that year) had a chrome cover as well.

So the 1988 american Vmax had them? Funny I cant find any pictures of a 88 with the chrome.:confused2:

I call this place..

http://www.advancedplating.com/

$180 to chrome the tach cover and 15 week turn over.:rofl_200:

So the 1988 american Vmax had them? Funny I cant find any pictures of a 88 with the chrome.:confused2:

My info came from vmax outlaw. Maybe they are wrong :confused2: Here is what they have listed.

image13.jpg

Model Yrs
Part Number
Color
1997-2000
3JP-83559-00-00
Black

1988-1996
2WE-83559-00-00
Gray

1987-1988
*2HY-83559-00-00
Chrome

1985-1986
1FK-83559-00-00
Silver (Satin Chrome)

* Canadian part number (yes there was an '87 model in Canada). Must be ordered through Canadian dealer.

Back