circa 1971 Norton Fastback

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Whos' the woman? I know, I'm just seeing who knows w/o googling.

Norton Commando 750 Fastback-Mama Cass Elliot.jpg

I once had a chance to buy a running 750 Commando but declined back in the early 1980's. The Commando 750 and 850 are still a favorite bike, in-appearance.

around 20 in early 70s (image looks like a colour photograph) so must be around 70 years old at least, whoever she is, has terrible dress sense.

Is she american? alive? famous?

I'm going to say Barbara Bush (president's wife) as that is the only brown haired American woman I know of the appropriate age.

Unless it's Cher.

I'm going to say Barbara Bush (president's wife) as that is the only brown haired American woman I know of the appropriate age.

Unless it's Cher.
Nah GHW Bush's wife is much-older than this woman. You're getting much-warmer with the other woman mentioned.

Cher Mask-1985.jpg

Last edited:
Well it took a while for the penny to drop. Lesson learnt ;be wary of what people post.

Attachments

• 1627677524925.png
    1627677524925.png
    664.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
EJ Potter the Michigan Madman

I already had that picture saved in my bikes collection.

The tv show American Pickers with Mike and Frank did one where they looked at a couple of EJ Potter's bikes, I forget if they bought them or not. Anyone who's interested in EJ Potter's mechanical marvels should also look at Alf Hagon, a legend in the U.K. for a similar type of quarter-mile stunt, he used a JAP engine on fuel and no gearbox nor a seat, "too-much weight," was his belief. Direct-drive, and burning rubber nearly all the way down the strip, as the rear tire would finally stop spinning, and another record in the books.

Yes, that's 'Mama' Cass Elliot, and she didn't die while eating a ham sandwich, on-which she choked. That was the apocryphal legend. The album cover with the four Mamas and the Papas members, huddled in a bathtub of a bathroom somewhere, if you have that album cover, and it's got the toilet on it, is worth $. They removed the toilet after the first batch was distributed.

desert_max got it first.

MamasAndThePapas-IfYouCanBelieveYourEyesAndEars.jpgAlf hagon JAP 1000cc dragbike.02.jpgAlf Hagon JAP 1000cc alcohol dragster.01.jpg

Last edited:
And for the record, that's gotta be one of the most worthless motorcycles ever constructed. No cooling system whatsoever for that SBC. I ran enough of them to know that it'll roast itself alive well before that Whizzer tank runs out.

All show. No go. (At least not very far)
C'mon, you don't know The Legend of EJ Potter? It's a dragster, not a TT (tavern-to-tavern) bar-hopper. He made decent $ doing exhibition runs on the quarter-mile. A crowd favorite, as it sidestepped and painted a lurid stripe of hot rubber down the track, the chassis out sideways. He made a bunch of them, self-engineered.

I vaguely remember him. But I'll confess that I had to do a bit of googling to fill in the wide gaps. He definitely was borderline mad. And a trailblazer.

Latest posts

Back