Circuit diagram?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBad

Reaction score
I would like to know if i can find the circuit diagram somewhere on the internet.
I do have the service manual but that has only the wiring diagram, not the circuit diagram.
So please if someone has the diagram or knows where to find it let me know.

Thanks,
Bas

Mark may be better to answer you here but the wiring diagram will give you everything you need to know if you understand electonics. HOWEVER, even though the wiring diagram at the end of the manual shows the FULL wiring it is broken down to the various circuits a little earlier in the book.

I'm up to my butt in wiring on the custom bike we are building now and it's been challenging to say the least. I'm fitting a custom gauge set, custom hand controls, and additional sensors. I am making it all "plug and play" which is a little more work too.

Of course the wiring has to be reconfigured to even make some of it work correctly. For instance, the start button on the yamaha is a two position switch. When pushed in it turns off the headlight but turns the relay on for the starter. When out the relay is off but the headlight is back on. The start button for the controls is just for the relay. So, my options are to hardwire the light on or in this case add a switch to turn them on and off manually if so desired.

The turn signal was a bit more complicated since there are 5 wires on the Yamaha setup and 4 on the aftermarket hand controls. Not only that but the Yamaha button is a momentary button with the ability to shut them off by pushing in the button in the center position or leave it and the timer/trip meter will cancel it (self canceling feature). So with it wired up now the signals will only turn on/off by turning the buttons on/off. I could have used a momentary switch too but then the only off feature would be the self canceler. I elected to have them be the on/off which actually has the bonus feature of being a hazard lights if both are on.

There is more to what I am doing but it's not all fun and games. Harley hand controls, German custom gauge, and old style senders for volts and temp. I'm getting closer thankfully.

Can I ask how you wired them to be on/off? I am wiring up some ISR controls and am having a bit of trouble.

I would like to know if i can find the circuit diagram somewhere on the internet.
I do have the service manual but that has only the wiring diagram, not the circuit diagram.
So please if someone has the diagram or knows where to find it let me know.

Thanks,
Bas

Perhaps I'm being a bit thick here - what's the difference between a circuit diagram and a wiring diagram?

Can I ask how you wired them to be on/off? I am wiring up some ISR controls and am having a bit of trouble.

All you need is the wiring diagram and get to the wires that affect the system. Are you talking about the ISR buttons that are inserted on the master clamp?

IF you want the diagram in the manual, VMAX Outlaws has a link to the service manual on their website. You can visit this page: VMAX Outlaw Tech Info. Its wiring diagram has more detail and also breaks parts down by function which can be very useful for zeroing in on your specific concern.

There is a color coded one on Sean's website Morley's Muscle. Just click HOW-TO on the link at the top right and then click VMAX wiring in its drop down menu.

Latest posts

Back