Clean up

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SledHead

Reaction score
When I get a new bike one of the first things I do is clean and wax it. I even clean the parts you can't see. If nothing else it helps you get to know your bike better. I pulled the bodywork off the newly acquired 2001 this afternoon and cleaned her up. I swear it make the bike run better.

IMG_1708.jpg

IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_1712.jpg

IMG_1713.jpg

That is one clean bike Bro. Not easy keeping them like that. I cannot begin to tell you the laughable ideas some people have about "clean". My older brother is like that with his ElectraGlide and it is a bitch to get everywhere. He had smart asses at the dealership question his standards and take the old finger swipe in a known dirt collecting area and find nothing but wax. I wish all my bikes could be given such attention. There is always something that can be cleaner, better, nicer etc. i doubt I could ever pay anyone to do the job up to my standards. That says alot about the owner.

That is one clean bike Bro. Not easy keeping them like that. I cannot begin to tell you the laughable ideas some people have about "clean". My older brother is like that with his ElectraGlide and it is a bitch to get everywhere. He had smart asses at the dealership question his standards and take the old finger swipe in a known dirt collecting area and find nothing but wax. I wish all my bikes could be given such attention. There is always something that can be cleaner, better, nicer etc. i doubt I could ever pay anyone to do the job up to my standards. That says alot about the owner.

Thanks PATMAX. I try and clean my bikes like this once a year or so, although I have to admit my FJR has too much bodywork to make it practical to do so very often. The Vmax by comparison is easy.

one thing i was allways anal about:biglaugh:...folks allways commented on how clean i kept my bikes....wasnt an easy easy task in maine...where the bugs are thicker than air!!

good job sleadhead:biglaugh:....

I do the big clean up it once a year
for two reason
1.-I`m on gravel road for 3 miles before pavement
I do clean it up oftenly but not so far on summer

2.-here the bugs get on there knees to hit your face:rofl_200:

So fresh and so clean clean!

I do the big clean up it once a year
for two reason
1.-I`m on gravel road for 3 miles before pavement
I do clean it up oftenly but not so far on summer

2.-here the bugs get on there knees to hit your face
rofl_200.gif
Sort of how it is here in ND, too. Lots of gravel, and Pteradactyls passing themselves off as insects.

Totally awesome man! Never seen a cleaner bike! Please come over and do that to my 2005. Maybe you can give us a few steps on how you do it. Do you go to the car wash with it on a trailer with the bodywork off and spray? Thanks man for the pics. I am drooling now.

What cleaners do you like to use?

Believe it or not, to get the heavy grime off I use Windex all purpose cleaner. I've tried products like 409, but they leave a film, the Windex does not. After I get the heavy stuff off, I then go over it with Original brand spray cleaner and polish. This used to be a Honda branded product, but is now available at most motorcycle shops. Every once in a while Cycle Gear runs a pretty good sale on it. The spray cleaner not only details well, but makes it a lot easier to keep clean.

IMG_1717.jpg

I don't use the stuff as-much as I should, but S100 is an amazing product, buy it on-sale and it isn't too-bad, but for what it does, it's great. I won a bottle at the local Ducati (now Ducati-AUDI:biglaugh: ) shop during an open house, and it made a believer outta me!

Yes, his bike is scrupulously-clean! There's just no-way I am ever gonna have my bikes that good! "Good-on-ya," as our Southern hemisphere friends say. Which reminds me, I thnk the delay in getting that bike to the Australian owner, "NaughtyG," is because they're detailing it like this, in Moto-Compliance!:bang head:

I don't use the stuff as-much as I should, but S100 is an amazing product, buy it on-sale and it isn't too-bad, but for what it does, it's great.

I absolutely agree, S100 works amazingly well, as you said you need to stock up when it's on sale.

Another one from the same era starring "the Duke" is "Jet Pilot." I recall when it was released I was not too-long from having learned how to ride a bicycle. A skywriting plane flew over our village and wrote the movie name. My parents took us to see the movie. Great aerial scenes & Chuck Yeager does some flying in it, using the Bell X-1, probably the most famous product of Buffalo NY along w/Dunlop motorcycle tires (for us bikers). At the speeds the X-1 was capable of flying, we lived about six minutes east of its factory.

Back