Cleaned Carbs and replace fuel inlet valves. Now no fuel is getting into the bowls

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DentGuy

Reaction score
As the title states I ordered 4 rebuild kits which consisted of O-rings and fuel inlet bodies/valves. I noticed the new inlet valves are stiffer then the original ones (figured the originals were worn) and they hold the floats in the low position when turned upside down. This is uncharted territory to me so I assumed this is normal.

Ive got the carbs back on the bike now and all the fuel lines are getting pressurized to the point where the pump does make noise when I key the bike on. I turned the drain screws out on the carbs to see if they're getting fuel and nothing is coming out of the drains. I suspect that the new fuel inlet valves are staying closed not letting fuel into the bowls.

Is it possible the kits I bought had the wrong valves?? My next step will be to pull the carbs back off and try swapping the old inlet valves back in.

Any Advise is appreciated.

Bob W

Re: Cleaned Carbs and replace fuel inlet valves. Now no fuel is getting into the bowl

Fuel inlet valves? Can you post a picture of what you are talking about? Or tell me what kind of rebuild kit you got so I can see what you are referring to

Re: Cleaned Carbs and replace fuel inlet valves. Now no fuel is getting into the bowl

tap the sides of the carbs with a mallet to see if you can get the needles unstuck. Weird that they'd all be stuck at the same time. Did you take any pics?

So he's talking about the needles.... got it

So he's talking about the needles.... got it

That was my guess. I know there's a set of metal needles that can get stuck in the seats, but I doubt that would happen on a brand new part. Maybe something else is loose.

Turns out I had the floats setup all wrong and they were pinning the needles closed. Re adjusted the floats and the bike now runs.

There you go.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Turns out I had the floats setup all wrong and they were pinning the needles closed. Re adjusted the floats and the bike now runs.

#1 rule of diagnosis: Re-check the last thing you did.

#1 rule of diagnosis: Re-check the last thing you did.

That is a great point. Another one that I follow, is only make 1 change at a time. That way if something isnt right, you know where to go back to.

Latest posts

Back