VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I pulled into a parking lot that had fresh tar and stone chips put down. ARRGH! Ya think they'd put up a sign or something. Anyways, now I have specs of tar hidden all over the place. My cleaning arsenal is not up to task. My best results thus far have been with WD40. Anyone have suggestions?

On the same note I have Marks pipes which are stainless with aluminum cans. I use Mothers mag polish which seems to do OK on the aluminum but really doesn't cut it on the stainless. Again, suggestions appreciated.

A good tar remover is your best option IMO. Kerosene (paraffin) also works the shiznit and is cheap as chips!

Remember to give it a good coat of wax when finished because it WILL remove any you may have had on there.

Chris

Bug and tar remover by turtlewax.....has a wax built into it, so after you get the crap off, just wait for a light haze to appear then buff with clean cloth. My max has never seen water or soap, I detail the whole bike with it.

Latest posts

Back