Clear coat.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric1959

Reaction score
I want to remake the varnish of my scop covers, what type of clear coat do you recommend for brushed aluminum.

You can powdercoat clear but the original was painted (with a quality paint like automotive and bike main paint clear)

I painted the body panels and scoop lettering at the same time and went over all of it with (IIRC) Eastwood 2 part, the same thing as the 2K stuff. If you need I can find the exact numbers here somewhere. I'm quite pleased with it, I went over it with a fine wet sand and polish just like over the paint and they look great, and I'm no pro painter by any stretch. It looks as good as some OEM clearcoatings I've seen.

Make super sure you have the right ventilation with this stuff, it's pure wicked and a lungful will fuck up your day but quick.

I painted the body panels and scoop lettering at the same time and went over all of it with (IIRC) Eastwood 2 part, the same thing as the 2K stuff. If you need I can find the exact numbers here somewhere. I'm quite pleased with it, I went over it with a fine wet sand and polish just like over the paint and they look great, and I'm no pro painter by any stretch. It looks as good as some OEM clearcoatings I've seen.

Make super sure you have the right ventilation with this stuff, it's pure wicked and a lungful will fuck up your day but quick.

That 2k stuff, is amazing!! Using the rattle can version is simple. Results are gorgeous!! Couldn’t agree more. I found my 2k stuff at my local body shop, at $20 a can which I thought was a great price. Can will only last a couple days before the contents set up in the can so best to make sure you can spray everything you need cleared in one shot

Back