clear covers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskyman510

Reaction score
Just wondering is there a way of making clear clutch covers etc from my shed, what are the main issues I would be facing since I dont have a machine shop??

Is it a case of carefully cutting out area and fixing a piece of perspex over the top secured with a round plate gasket and screws?
Or is a fact of "dont be so stupid and buy them already done"

Leaking and fogging. Project is not impossible , but probably time consuming , when you could be RIDING !

Just wondering is there a way of making clear clutch covers etc from my shed, what are the main issues I would be facing since I dont have a machine shop??

Is it a case of carefully cutting out area and fixing a piece of perspex over the top secured with a round plate gasket and screws?
Or is a fact of "dont be so stupid and buy them already done"

I can set you up if you wish. Can sell you the full thing ready to fit, can sell you all the parts machined with the polycarbonate clearcovers and you paint it and assemble yourself...

Attachments

• 230420141265.jpg
    230420141265.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 100420141257.jpg
    100420141257.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 78
I can set you up if you wish. Can sell you the full thing ready to fit, can sell you all the parts machined with the polycarbonate clearcovers and you paint it and assemble yourself...

The reason I asked was due to mod monkey making my wife unhappy $$$ wise, what sort of money we looking at for this?
They do look great by the way

Yes, a good 'do it yourself' project where the hard work has been done, and I am sure that it's been done right. Have you seen Fred's bike? I want that chassis!

Maybe Fred has a cover exchange where you defray the cost a bit, and Fred gets good cores. I have a set of covers ready to exchange, but they're great OEM paint so I don't really-want to send them away. In the 'parts for sale' thread.

Yes, how-much for the two ways you described, Fred? Can you do a spreadsheet for each cover, each way? D-I-Y or ready to go. Thanks.

And could you give us a Go-Pro of your bike running for 20 minutes in some twisties? :eusa_dance:

Last edited:

Are any of this for sale, I have some on order but taking a little longer than I had plan. I also have few sets side covers to, I been playing with to day.

Hi guys. I have 2 sets done but unpainted and im moving next week so i don't have time to finish them right now. Only in december i will be able to move my belongings to where i will be living so if you want a set ready to bolt on only after december. If you wish to paint them yourself they are ready, the covers, the clear polycarbonate windows and the stainless outer rims plus the stainless allen bolts like in the pics.

Good luck on it. We went through 2 designs on the stator cover and probably 6-7 designs on the waterpump (which still isn't perfect but does finally work decent). Took me a lot of money to get that sorted out so really wouldn't want to give away all our secrets since I have to get that R&D paid off. The clutch, mid, and stator are all easier to seal.

This link on saarloos.net is unsafe for browsing
http://www.saarloos.net/yamaha-vmax-mainmenu-65/clear-clutch-cover-mainmenu-33
1 active threats have been detected on this link

Blackhat SEO (type 1703)
Navigation on this site is not recommended.
5 compromised pages have been found on saarloos.net

Go to full 30-day site report for more details.
Virus problem?

AVG Anti Virus 2014 detects, blocks and removes virus & spyware, and now includes new privacy features to keep your data private.

Hi guys. I have 2 sets done but unpainted and im moving next week so i don't have time to finish them right now. Only in december i will be able to move my belongings to where i will be living so if you want a set ready to bolt on only after december. If you wish to paint them yourself they are ready, the covers, the clear polycarbonate windows and the stainless outer rims plus the stainless allen bolts like in the pics.

Are you still marking these?

Latest posts

Back