Clearing the head

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I needed a break so took a little 335 mile jaunt thru the mountains today. It was a nice ride I feel a little better now.

Attachments

• Clearing the head 200.jpg
    Clearing the head 200.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Clearing the head 202.jpg
    Clearing the head 202.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Clearing the head 207.jpg
    Clearing the head 207.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Clearing the head 212.jpg
    Clearing the head 212.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Clearing the head 214.jpg
    Clearing the head 214.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Clearing the head 219.jpg
    Clearing the head 219.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Clearing the head 223.jpg
    Clearing the head 223.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Clearing the head 229.jpg
    Clearing the head 229.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 34
  • Clearing the head 226.jpg
    Clearing the head 226.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 27
  • Clearing the head 211.jpg
    Clearing the head 211.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 24

Is that the hwy that dips down off'n the BRP & goes southbound past the Looking Glass Falls? If so, Shala & I rode our Hondas down that one year clear down into GA, and had, not only brand new asphalt the whole way, but the hwy nearly to ourselves as well. What a spectacular, scenic roadway through the forest it is.

Maybe you can incorporate that stretch into one of the 1st ann'l Maggie rally daily rides? :confused2: It is awesome, for sure. And if memory serves, we ended up connecting back up to the bottom portion of the Moonshiner Hwy near Franklin, or some such, and got to ride 28 back up to Maggie that day.

Here's a reminder of life in FL.

Those are great rural scenes, a good ride.

Attachments

• Kyle-Dave.jpg
    Kyle-Dave.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 13
  • JohnB.BCEMS.bike 034.jpg
    JohnB.BCEMS.bike 034.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Not trying to wish my summer away, but I'm REALLY looking foreward to spending a week down that way!!...........:punk:...........Tom.

Awesome Trip Kyle.
When you really think about it Florida Sucks by comparison...
Dave

Is that the hwy that dips down off'n the BRP & goes southbound past the Looking Glass Falls? If so, Shala & I rode our Hondas down that one year clear down into GA, and had, not only brand new asphalt the whole way, but the hwy nearly to ourselves as well. What a spectacular, scenic roadway through the forest it is.

Maybe you can incorporate that stretch into one of the 1st ann'l Maggie rally daily rides? :confused2: It is awesome, for sure. And if memory serves, we ended up connecting back up to the bottom portion of the Moonshiner Hwy near Franklin, or some such, and got to ride 28 back up to Maggie that day.

Yeah I kind of found it by accident when I turned off the BRP. I ran it up into some little town & cut across to 23 & took it down to Moonshiner & back across the dragon & then down foothills parkway which is right by the house. I guess I need to get over to MV & figure out sme rides from that direction.

Dave, when they get those winter storms in the Midwest coming out of Canada, and Chicago has -15* F and 2 ft. of snow, or more, I don't mind things in FL so-much! One of the reasons I chose to abandon the snow belt to reside in FL was to be able to ride year-round. Soon I'll be able to ride whenever I want, in perpetual leisure status. :punk:

Awesome Trip Kyle.
When you really think about it Florida Sucks by comparison...
Dave

Dave, when they get those winter storms in the Midwest coming out of Canada, and Chicago has -15* F and 2 ft. of snow, or more, I don't mind things in FL so-much! One of the reasons I chose to abandon the snow belt to reside in FL was to be able to ride year-round. Soon I'll be able to ride whenever I want, in perpetual leisure status. :punk:

Not much snow in this part of Tn . I rode year round with the exception of I think about 2 weeks just could not go in some of the higher altitudes. I think it only snowed here 3 times & the worst was maybe 4 inches

Latest posts

Back