click clacking

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthair88

Reaction score
There is a clacking noise comeing from the front end, 2800-2900 rpms, Cant figure out what the heck it is. bike runs great, handles great, brakes are great, but its annoying the hell out of me. any ideas. hate to give shop any $$

Thanx
Shorthair....

Need More Input.... The Front End or the Front of the Engine??? Can't guess at this point...

Dave

Need More Input.... The Front End or the Front of the Engine??? Can't guess at this point...

Dave

bike surges a bit around 2800-3000 rpms typically in 2nd & 3rd gear. ( getting ECU reflashed this winter, I heard doing that will make it go away. ).. very slight increase in throttle = ( click ) slight decrease = ( clack ) like theres slop/play in something. I cant duplicate noise w/ bike standing still.
Hate to give shop any $$, I can fix most things myself. just have to know what to replace or tighten...lol.

Gen II? I heard/ hear the same thing ,Im told "get used to it, theres nothing wrong" I guess theres alot of big moving parts in there that make noise, the exup makes noise too. I spanked mine hard a few weeks ago at the track, I think she liked it !

Well, you're over my pay grade on this.

Wishing you the best wth the reflash...

Dave

Gen II? I heard/ hear the same thing ,Im told "get used to it, theres nothing wrong" I guess theres alot of big moving parts in there that make noise, the exup makes noise too. I spanked mine hard a few weeks ago at the track, I think she liked it !

Yes gen2. belive it or not there are two other 09's in town, ( 18k population ) I know both of the guys. Im going to take one of theres for a spin and check things out. thanx for the replys.

Shorthair....

bike surges a bit around 2800-3000 rpms typically in 2nd & 3rd gear. ( getting ECU reflashed this winter, I heard doing that will make it go away. ).. very slight increase in throttle = ( click ) slight decrease = ( clack ) like theres slop/play in something. I cant duplicate noise w/ bike standing still.
Hate to give shop any $$, I can fix most things myself. just have to know what to replace or tighten...lol.

If you can figure out how that fuel controller works....you can add some fuel in that area (2500 - 3500rpm) and it might go away. There are probably instructions out on the net, or you could call Cornell. It may be a Wiseco? I'm not sure......here is the link for the Wiseco instructions: http://www.wiseco.com/PDFs/Manuals/FMCManual-English.pdf

gen ii? I heard/ hear the same thing ,im told "get used to it, theres nothing wrong" i guess theres alot of big moving parts in there that make noise, the exup makes noise too. I spanked mine hard a few weeks ago at the track, i think she liked it !

exup??

Never mind , your stock exhaust is gone. EXUP is a flapper valve in the cat that opens and closes under certain condictions,basicly, I think

There could be excessive electrical resistance in the ground wire from the Accelerator Position Sensor (APS) and the Throttle Posistion Sensor (TPS) due to an insufficient crimped connection.

Excessive resistance can cause incorrect signals to be sent to the ECU
And think long and hard on the reflash, do more research.

There could be excessive electrical resistance in the ground wire from the Accelerator Position Sensor (APS) and the Throttle Posistion Sensor (TPS) due to an insufficient crimped connection.

Excessive resistance can cause incorrect signals to be sent to the ECU
And think long and hard on the reflash, do more research.

Steveo, not sure how to interpret your comment here :ummm: Are you thinking the reflash is a bad thing to do ? Just asking ....

I'm saying the reflash alone isn't going to solve the problem that he discribed.

As for the reflash its self, I ride with a buddy that has a 2010 Max.
He had his ECU reflashed and we have lined up many times together, he usually takes me, but the difference dosen't justify the cost in my eyes.
And he has even admitted it also.

Same here just snagged a new 12...im in love...back to business, it has 400 miles on it and have the same noise at those exact rpms

Latest posts

Back