clicking from front end

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baloo

Reaction score
after a 1000 mile on my max my front brakes have started making a knocking noise .i have taken then pads out and notice a ani squeal plate was loose. i tightened it up (now brake pins are a tight fit ) done 200 more miles its back with a vengence wtf please help !:bang head: ps i know its the brakes cos when i apply front brake slightly it goes off !

Are your caliper bolts tight? Don't ask me why this is my question...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

after a 1000 mile on my max my front brakes have started making a knocking noise .i have taken then pads out and notice a ani squeal plate was loose. i tightened it up (now brake pins are a tight fit ) done 200 more miles its back with a vengence wtf please help !:bang head: ps i know its the brakes cos when i apply front brake slightly it goes off !

Stock brakes?

I've had that and it wasn't the front break....check to steering nut....giv it a snug...when brakes applied it flexes front end.....if not that id check front wheel also.....or maybe a caliper is dragging or sticking a little..

yes stock brakes all working freely.and bolts tightened to torque settings.

is the clickng at a certain speed or force on how hard you apply the brakes.....???

If you think it's the anti-squeel plate causing the click, just remove them. The worst thing that could happen is you will have a squeel instead of a click. I have never seen a motorcycle pad with these anti-squeel plates on them but have seen a lot automotive pads with them...

Both my bikes have the anti squeal plates.....pretty sure that's factory....seems to work...hh pads and no squeals.....

As for the clicking.....that's a head scratches... I'm sure Sean would have a better idea as to what's going on there

I've had that and it wasn't the front break....check to steering nut....giv it a snug...when brakes applied it flexes front end.....if not that id check front wheel also.....or maybe a caliper is dragging or sticking a little..

+ 1 on checking the steering nut .

All sorted was the clip that sits on top of pads. I just pulled it back so pins are tighter fit. Thanks guys :eusa_dance:

Latest posts

Back