Clickity click nothing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r13cents

Reaction score
Just got a new problem with my 91 vmax 1200. The battery was dead so I charged it Then went out the next morning to start it and with the charger connected the light goes on the fuel pump..pumps but when i push the starter button it just clicks not ike 1 click but a constant clickity click. when i disconnect the charger nothing no light no pump and no clickity nothing. any suggestions? did I burn something out? I checked all fuses and all good so :ummm: :bang head:

I'll second that. If you're battery is too old or overly discharged charging it will not fix it, buy a new one.

Matt

What they are saying is true. A quick way to confirm that it is indeed to battery you should jump start it from your car / another bike. If that works, swap the battery and be on your way. I really hate motorcycle batteries...

I'd take a look at the charging system... Lots of reading here about stators, MOSFET R/R's, crimp fixes, etc....
Take a good look at that 3 wire plug from the stator to the R/R... This has caused more than one of us here a doozy of a headache..

Thanx for all the suggestions but it's not the battery it does the clicking when connected to charger/ jump I took the battery out and fully charged it put it back in and got the same result any other thing it might be?

Thanx for all the suggestions but it's not the battery it does the clicking when connected to charger/ jump I took the battery out and fully charged it put it back in and got the same result any other thing it might be?

Does everything else seem to be normal when you turn the ignition switch on?
Do all lights work? Does the horn work, and sound as loud as usual? Does the headlight GO OUT when the starter button is pressed ?(it's supposed to).
Take the seat off. Is the clicking coming from the starter relay? This is normal as well.
My first guess would be a bad connection to the starter motor, or a grounding problem at the motor itself.
If evrything thing else appears O.K. (as above), I would start troubleshooting by checking the voltage at the black connection (going to starter motor) on the starter relay, while pressing the starter button. Should read very close to battery voltage - which should be at least 12.6 volts across the battery terminals.
Cheers!

When my RR last went awry it fried to the starter relay. When I depressed the starter button it would have one audible click but nothing else. However when I would short the relay to close the switch it made the usual noises you would expect after a key turn (vboost toggle and fuel pump). On the first page of following thread I have a video showing what was happening. Is that what yours is doing?

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=28151

Back