Clip on bars!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mortenk

Reaction score
After trying a couple of different set ups with different bars in different heights (dragbar, streetbar) to find the best riding position for me, I decided to try some clip on bars i found at www.louis.de . I was a bit hesitant b/c of the price, but nevertheless it looked like the only thing to do, if I wanted the more forward and lower position I know is good for my back. I also dig the upright position on my KTM, which is good allround for blasting around town, but not for long trips. So I thought these bars would do the trick. They kind of make the Vmax´s ergos more sportsbike´ish. The handling improves (at least I think), and the look is more "low rider", which I think is badass:eusa_dance:

I tried searching around here some month ago, and found some nice pics of Vmaxxes with clip ons, but now I cant find them anymore:bang head:

Well I´ll post some pics later if anyone is interested. Just wanted to hear out if anyone has longterm experience with the bars?

Cheers

Always found the clipons cool, I was just wondering if it was comfortable. I guess rearsets are a must.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I switched to clip-ons a few weeks ago
IMAG1431b.jpg

Quite a difference from even the drag bar position
IMAG1433b.jpg

I dont use rear set controls. Guess if you want the all out sport position, it's a must. But it works fine for me, as a sort of hybrid between a sports liter bike (which Im not into) and the awesome coolness of the Max :)
Thats a very cool looking bike John!!! Tell me how you like the clip ons!

I too want clip ons. My only concern would be possible interference between the switch housings, and the air box cover or "scoops" (depending on how I mount them. I was thinking of using 0* angle ones, because I have seen the 5* ones mounted, and they look to be too much angled for my comfort.

As for rear sets, I don't really know if that would be good for me. My foot position is already VERY comfortable, and I suspect that I should have PLENTY of lean angle available to me. (the V-max will NEVER be a GSX-R 600/750/1000, but maybe I might be able to get it to match a Busa in overall performance someday)

When you get the chance, pics are a MUST!!!

John, I love your bike! No worry there is no cafe racer there lol

I was just concerned of having to lean forward to get to the clipons while keeping the same legs position. I would not feel comfortable that way. Then I will prefer having the feet backward a bit.
But that could only be an impression.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty sure john is using a veypor stealth. Or vaypor - I know it's spelled funny and I've been drinking.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

shot with phone, so could be better I guess.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 105

Latest posts

Back