Clip ons

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katusoittaja

Reaction score
Hello

I recently installed clip ons to my vmax, but the the cables are kinda long and it doesn't pull back properly the throttle.
advices for setting this up properly?
Now it goes under left scoop.

It sounds like you may need to get some shorter cables if you cannot find a suitable routing. I assume your talking about the throttle cables which just the grip to the junction box can be replaced. You'll have to get a measurement using the cables as a guide or a piece of wire formed to the path you want.
Then call Sean Morley ([email protected]) and he will get you hooked up with custom length cables.

I have run clip-ons and also the handlebar upside down to where it was lower than the clip ons. The inverted handlebars now sit on 2.5 inch adjustable risers. In all three situations, there was no problem with the throttle cables. Try readjusting the slack adjusters before you switch out the cables. There is also a block under the left scoop the cables run through. I haven't had to mess with it, but if I recall, there is a set up procedure in the manual.

The throttle should still open and close just fine regardless of the fact that you moved to clip ons. It may look better with shorter cables but it should still operate just fine.

Sounds to me like the one of the cable brackets on the carbs got bent a little...

Yep, the cable doesnt know that its been moved. So if there is a problem fully opening or closing, there is a problem somewhere else....IE in a bind....

Back