Clipon handlebars

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adambweird

Reaction score
Ok folks, Ive been thinking about switching to clipon handlebars and would like some input from those that have done it in the past or currently run them. All input is appreciated.

I have seen it done and even ridden one with them. I like it for aggressive riding but not as nice for cruising. I think I have a couple of sets but not sure they will fit the forks you have. A very simple alternative you can try to see if you like the feel is a set of "Clubman" bars. I don't have them in stock like our other bars but can get them.

I have seen it done and even ridden one with them. I like it for aggressive riding but not as nice for cruising. I think I have a couple of sets but not sure they will fit the forks you have. A very simple alternative you can try to see if you like the feel is a set of "Clubman" bars. I don't have them in stock like our other bars but can get them.

Cean, I have a set of Clubman bars here, and with the stock riser setup, the only way they fit is to have them angled in such a way that it feels like your hands will slide right off the grips, or to mount them like a conventional set of handlebars, which negates what they were designed as, in my opinion. (which is a bummer, cause I had high hopes for them too.)

Dash, could u post a pic or 2 of the clubman bars? Im on my 3rd bar right now trying to find something that feelsright to me. Did stock, drag and currently a broomstick. So far nothing has felt or looked right ti me. I ride fairly aggressive ( hold over from my sportbike days, lol) so im used to aggressive riding positions.

Dash, could u post a pic or 2 of the clubman bars? Im on my 3rd bar right now trying to find something that feelsright to me. Did stock, drag and currently a broomstick. So far nothing has felt or looked right ti me. I ride fairly aggressive ( hold over from my sportbike days, lol) so im used to aggressive riding positions.

Sean also sells something called Superbike drag bars....if I remember correctly.

I run the Pro Taper Carmichael bend bars and like them, but I think I actually have a set of 43mm clip-ons in the garage I could find and get out to you for pretty cheap. They were on my project bike when I bought it, and I'm not going to use them. I don't think they got thrown away. They'd need new bolts, but if I remember correctly, I tried them on my '01 tubes and they fit just fine.

Send me a PM. I'll be back at my house over Columbus day and can get them boxed up to ship if you want.

I run the Pro Taper Carmichael bend bars and like them, but I think I actually have a set of 43mm clip-ons in the garage I could find and get out to you for pretty cheap. They were on my project bike when I bought it, and I'm not going to use them. I don't think they got thrown away. They'd need new bolts, but if I remember correctly, I tried them on my '01 tubes and they fit just fine.

Send me a PM. I'll be back at my house over Columbus day and can get them boxed up to ship if you want.

Hey Dave.....can you post a pic of the pro taper bars?

I cannot do a pic of them on my bike, because I put the stock bars back on when the clubmans would not fit right. It was these ones that I got
https://www.denniskirk.com/emgo/chrome-7-8-in-clubman-handlebar.p599481.prd/599481.sku

Out of curiosity, I wonder how well these will work?
https://www.denniskirk.com/emgo/black-7-8-in-drag-bar-handlebar.p599820.prd/599820.sku

I did try swinging my drag bar down, didnt like the look, feel or clearance issues. After seeing the clubmans... not a fan of the look.

I love my clipons! I've dropped the front & back suspension, reshaped the seat and with a 10 degree drop on the bars, everything is lower
Rearsets are a must though - without them I'd be knocking my elbows off my knees

P1120289.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

I love my clipons! I've dropped the front & back suspension, reshaped the seat and with a 10 degree drop on the bars, everything is lower
Rearsets are a must though - without them I'd be knocking my elbows off my knees

P1120289.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Where did you get your rearsets from? Thoses are one of the few that i like the looks of, lol. Nice bike too! Looks positively evil! Do the eyes in the mask have leds behind them as well as the headlights? Looking to do a similar thing with mine but a tad less streetfighter... more of a perfect blend of cruzer had drunken sex with a sportbike is what im after, lol. At least my vision of it anyways, lol.

I have clipons on one of my bike and i like it a lot. like its been said before. i also have a set of brand new ones fully adjustable in height and angle but thats for 50mm forks (USD).

Where did you get your rearsets from? Thoses are one of the few that i like the looks of, lol. Nice bike too! Looks positively evil! Do the eyes in the mask have leds behind them as well as the headlights? Looking to do a similar thing with mine but a tad less streetfighter... more of a perfect blend of cruzer had drunken sex with a sportbike is what im after, lol. At least my vision of it anyways, lol.

Headlights have LEDs alright, they're not that powerful though - driving light is SMLED, spotlight is HID

The rearsets are an old design, not sure who made them originally (Steve Taylor maybe?) I picked them up off another Vmaxer that was doing a complete overhaul
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=34248

I'm saving that picture with the hills in the backdrop. I save any all well composed Vmax photos
in my album.

Latest posts

Back