Cloudy speedo glass.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caseyjones955

Reaction score
I couldn't find anything on this.

99 Vmax, speedo glass is cloudy over the top 30%. I hit it with some Scratch-X and made no difference. It appears to be on the outside but I guess I cant be sure without removing the glass. I think this bike has been garaged most of it's life.

I really don't want to use an aftermarket speedo. They look sweet but I have money tied up in other things right now. What have you guys used to clear up the glass, or must I replace the glass?

TIA

There us a thread or two describing how to remove the speedo glass. Not a very easy task but possible. There is a crimped ring holding it on.

If its on the outside it should clean up, try to use a solvent. if its moist on the inside use a dehumidifier on a closed compartment

http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/35288/00276 I used these to get some scratches out of the t-tops on my camaro, they worked pretty well didn't get the deepest parts out but definatly work, they work great for scratches on your paint the wife scratched my car pretty bad and i got the whole scratch out, that i thought would never come out, try em.

I'll give that a shot next. I dont think its humidity on the inside as it never changes from cold foggy mornings to blazing afternoon sun. It's going to be a few days before I can get to it. I'm expecting my Carbtune today so I'll be jetting and dialing in. I'll follow up on this thread if it works, or if it doesn't I'll share what did.

Thank you for the idea, cant wait to see if it does the trick.

I use Brasso once for a scratched/hazy lens that was plastic. I do not know if the Speedo lense is plastic or glass though. Your mileage may vary.

I think its glass, it feels glass, my methods would have worked on plastic I think. I got the LED light out at night to see if I could see and I'm sure it's on the outside.

Take a long clean medical swab and try to rub the inside a bit. That's the only simple way to know for sure. Thats assuming by me, that if you can see in there, you can stick a swab in there.

Latest posts

Back