clunky gear change

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveo

Reaction score
hi i have a 2006 and im having problems with clunky gear changes. if i push the engine hard it seems a lot smoother changing gear but when im in town just going steady its very clunky when i am up and down the gears the bike has done 20,000 mils .i have bled the clutch and also put the bike on the centre stand started it up put it in gear and the wheel stops spinning when i pull the clutch in so doesnt seem like clutch drag. have only had the max a short time and gettin a bit worried ,,any help would be much appreaceated guys

I notice mine get a little louder once the oil is coming up on being or needing changed. I just bought myself some Rotella 15-40 this weekend, Looks like a after work project. Biggest pain is the oil style filter I use, the o-ring make me hate changing the filter....

You can usually reuse the oring many times with no problems at all.

Well the Vmax originally came out in 85.....and really hasnt changed since then. Around town mine was a bit clunky when I first bought it. It got a bit better after adjusting the shift lever, and fresh oil always helps.

But the Vmax was built to be ridden hard....and at slower speeds....it can be a bit clunky.

Back