Clutch/Brake Reservoirs & Levers Kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cybergrizzly

Reaction score
My '98 Vmax clutch & Bracke reservoirs leak or sweat even though I installed new gaskets. The paint is almost gone and I would like to install something new but don't want to go back to OEM. I've seen sets similar to the picture below but they seem to only fit second gen Vmax. They leak and cause damage to my scoops.

Can anyone tell me where I can find similar sets or kits like this one and that I can fit or adapt the front brake switch also ? I know that Exactrep sells Nissin or others but I'm on a beer budget. I can accept even used kits. Or maybe other Yamaha or other motorcycle sets might work and can be obtained at a cheaper price. Just saw a 2004 Yamaha RoadStar brake reservoir and leve...will it fit ? Looks nice and probably work better than the Vmax. Need suggestions.

Attachments

• Brake Clutch.jpg
    Brake Clutch.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 47
You can't use that specific set since the clutch is cable on that picture. But, a number of different sportbike masters can be used. I even can help you get billet reservoirs so you don't have to use a bracket to hold the plastic ones.

Sean

Read somewhere here that Kawasaki ZX14 clutch and brake masters fit the Vmax up to 2006. Is this correct. What ZX14 years ?

Do the brake and clutch lines fit directly to these masters ?
What size are the MC pistons, 14mm ?
Will the clutch pick up too far away?
Pulling the brake level...too soft, normal, rock solid ?

Ahhh, too many questions !!! Please advise, fellow Vmaxers.

:confused2:

I sent you an email regarding some masters that I have. Panama shipping wouldn't be cheap though.

I am running a zx14 clutch master. It works very well. Not sure what bore size it is. It is a radial master. I have no experience with the brake master but I would think it would be fine too.

Stock lines should bolt up without an issue.

Back