Clutch Clatter.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cam1996

Reaction score
Hello all, I recently got my 06' Vmax 1200 around a month ago. It runs great now that the carbs were cleaned by DannyMax, but recently it seems like the clutch has been super talkative when accelerating, Light throttle and clutch pulled in its quite. I'm not to familiar with vmaxes, so any suggestions are welcome.:punk:

Try replacing the clutch pressure plate bearing. I recently replaced one that was excessively noisy and was surprised at how well a cheap part worked out. In the future I may find and install some ceramic bearings even.

Try replacing the clutch pressure plate bearing. I recently replaced one that was excessively noisy and was surprised at how well a cheap part worked out. In the future I may find and install some ceramic bearings even.

Will it cause any problems if I decide to continue riding it while Im waiting for the part?

No, I've ever only seen one failure and i'd say i've seen a number of these lol.

Back