Clutch installation help required.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bazwell

Reaction score
After reading another thread on here I decided that I didn't know what I was doing, and decided to pull my clutch back out and sort it out.

The first pic is of the KB frictions. They don't have any notches.
There is a pic of the clutch components in order as they came out of the basket.
There is also another pic showing the spare clutch frictions I have.
There is a fairly new set of EBC frictions (maybe 5000 miles old), and another set that look like EBC's that came with the bike.

Should I :
A) Use the yellow plates I got with the Barnett cover but add one full plate from the old EBC clutch?
B) Use the newer EBC plates with one full plate from the old EBC set?
C) Take out the wire, half friction plate, half diaphram/steel and the flat half steel bit?
D) I guess if I use even one of the EBC frictions, I need to line up the notches?

Attachments

• 20120211_002.jpg
    20120211_002.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 20120211_003.jpg
    20120211_003.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 20120211_004.jpg
    20120211_004.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 40
personally, I think I would feel uneasy mixing mfrs. I also would feel uneasy mixing what appears to be different technologies. So my vote is for an entire ebc stack. But that's just me, there's prolly no bad reason to go with stack of yellows and an ebc full.

{edit}
this should help you understand what to pull and replace
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showpost.php?p=192281&postcount=29

{/edit}

Sent from my Tapatalking Hercules Android

personally, I think I would feel uneasy mixing mfrs. I also would feel uneasy mixing what appears to be different technologies. So my vote is for an entire ebc stack. But that's just me, there's prolly no bad reason to not go with stack of yellows and an ebc full.

{edit}
this should help you understand what to pull and replace
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showpost.php?p=192281&postcount=29

{/edit}

Sent from my Tapatalking Hercules Android

Good call. That post/pic helps heaps. Cheers! :biglaugh:

Can't say I ever tried that. But I'd only use OEM or EBC parts for disk and plates. I think the weal link is the single OEM spring. That's if slippige is what your trying to stop.If I went Barnett, I'd go total. imho
Steve-o

Can't say I ever tried that. But I'd only use OEM or EBC parts for disk and plates. I think the weal link is the single OEM spring. That's if slippige is what your trying to stop.If I went Barnett, I'd go total. imho
Steve-o

Did that! :biglaugh:

But my master cylinder bound up when I tried to bleed the clutch.
Maybe I got a dodgey seal kit. :bang head:

Barnett frictions are fine. Should have no issues with running one plate that doesn't match the rest. I have replaced the half disc with a full barnett disc, retained the oem fibers, and never had an issue.

Barnett frictions are fine. Should have no issues with running one plate that doesn't match the rest. I have replaced the half disc with a full barnett disc, retained the oem fibers, and never had an issue.

I got a new set of Barnett frictions spare now, with an EBC full friction. And a spare set of steels. :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back