Clutch plates total width specification

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted your specs, did you check clutch spring height?

Yeah, I measure both the old and the new clutch spring I order from Partzilla.
They was 6,45 to 6,55mm. There was a little different from "tooth to tooth". I measure all tooth around the spring.
I install the new spring. I hope it was 6,88mm as manual says but it is inside 6,38mm.

Manual says install 9 plates on left side of mark and offset plate on mark.
I have service manual that has total widht of plates 45,5-46,1 mm, is there correct version somewhere online to download?
It seems that 2009-2015 and 2017-2020 has own manuals, is there any differences in motor? This 2009-2015 seems to be LIT-11616-22-64, same that I have in .pdf and that has this "wrong" info on it.
LIT-11616-30-48 is for 2017-2020?

Last edited:
I have the same manuals as you.
It must be another service manual, because when I was at dealer, they go to a server, find Vmax and year 2009 and open it for me and tell me to find it myself because I know where to look.
I see that name of file was 2009, so there must be another service manual.
In that service manual it is 47,4 - 48,0mm.

New friction plates are 30,5mm
Standard clutch plates are 2,0mm ( 7 x 2,0 = 14mm)
If you use thin plate 1,6mm for plate 1 & 2 (2 x 1,6mm = 3,2mm)
Then you get 47,7mm.

It is not possible to get it down to 46,1 if you follow manual.
Thats why I go to dealer to ask about this.

All clutch part I check are the same for 2009 and 2017, so it has to be the same specification also.

If you change plate 3, 4, 5 & 6 to 1,6mm you will get 46,1 but I think you will get problem with slipping as well.

Last edited:
My clutch was done at dealer, new friction plates and 5 new clutch plates and it states on a receipt, that total thickness with new parts is at max. 48 mm. I think it must be correct.
My service manual is "First edition, August 2008", there might be second or third or so on edition, that has right spec for clutch. Is there on these two LIT - numbers, and what differences is between these two? I'm thinking of buying hard copy, but don't want one with wrong info on it (I have 2013 Euro model).

I have 2 new 1,6mm clutch plates available, and will get one more 2,0mm next week, so I have enough new plates to change plate 1 or change plate 1 and 2 according to manual.
But how important is it to get in inside specification 47,4 -48,0mm?

When I open this clutch it was 48,9mm. That means it will be less freeplay between plates when you pull lever when thickness of clutch package is more then specified in manual.

I would get it as close to spec as possible...you've already got enough plates to get it in spec anyway & you've really exhausted yourself trying to get it right.

It states in the manual to measure 9 steels, and 9 frictions.... this is where we are getting confused. Im in my cluch right now having my own problems but in measuring the stack height it does leave one of the frictuons out for the measurement. I hope this helps .

Yeah, in manual for 2009 it states 9 frictions and 9 steels and in manual from 2017 it states
10 frictions and 9 steels.

2009: total 45,5 - 46,1mm
2017: total 47,6 - 48,0mm

1 friction is about 3mm so there is still some mismatch between this two manuals.
My dealer confirm numbers from 2017 is correct also for 2009;-)

Back