Clutch problems

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Levitz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somthing wierd. Swiched out my clutch plates and friction plates for new oem.... now the clutch drags. Was able to compensate for this with adjustable clutch lever.. although I wish I didnt have as much travel. And aswell the bike stalled a few times while moving 40 km or so as I slowly was engaging the clutch...
Any ideas ?

Gen 2 2014
Gurued, airbox mod, ufo 4-2, dd clutch.

No need to post twice about the same issue, Eric. We will see it and all of your answers will be contained in one thread. It’ll be easier for you and it’s easier for us.

No need to post twice about the same issue, Eric. We will see it and all of your answers will be contained in one thread. It’ll be easier for you and it’s easier for us.
Thanks, I dknt really know how these fourms work, or how people see stuff :) like where the best place to post is? ... thank you for your help.

Thanks, I dknt really know how these fourms work, or how people see stuff :) like where the best place to post is? ... thank you for your help.

The best way is to click the FORUMS tab and go into the forum that your question/topic best fits. There are a couple of "catch-alls", but the descriptions on the index (FORUMS) tab are pretty accurate.

And about that clutch drag...

Some drag is normal. Could well be that your previous one was worn enough that the new one feels sticky.

Can you roll the bike in gear with the clutch pulled in? Does the bike try to creep forward in gear while running and the clutch disengaged?

did you make sure all the plates were soaked in oil when you assembled it

Some drag is normal. Could well be that your previous one was worn enough that the new one feels sticky.

Can you roll the bike in gear with the clutch pulled in? Does the bike try to creep forward in gear while running and the clutch disengaged?
It trys to crrep forward when the clutch is disengaged. Rolling it (backwards) at all is like working against the engine.
I thinllll ....
did you make sure all the plates were soaked in oil when you assembled it
Yes . For 15 min

I aswell have after market clutch lever, but it did not do this before... could it be air in the clutch line, or not having enough fluid in the line? It feel like a strong pull, although the is a bit of play before it starts to actually disengaged. I hope that made sense.

I suppose it’s possible you have an incomplete bleed and potential air in the line. Wouldn’t hurt to check that out. The clutch may settle inwith a little more operation.

The third alternative is to go back in to see what’s going on. Problem is, there probably won’t be anything to see!

Dunno. Not a Gen2 guy. I'd have to look at an exploded view of any clutch to answer that. I don't commit plate counts to memory.

I'm just offering up comments relevant to potential issues common to all hydraulic (or mechanical) clutches.

I went back in once, no change... but just a thought.... its 10 friction.... and 9 steel.... correct?...

Count is correct but when you look at microfiche the last 2 steels have 3 different thicknesses. When replacing the clutch, you were supposed to measure the stack & depending on how much they measure you use the appropriate 8th/9th steel to get the height correct. But it could also be the line has air & bleeding will fix it.

Back