Clutch slave cylinder.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
I've been nursing Godzilla's leaky slave cylinder for a while now, topping it off as needed. Now it's leaking out overnight, leaving a big puddle under the bike after a day or two. I guess it's time has come..

Gonna get hold of Sean, hoping he has one. Dealer wants $130 for one, and I've found one online for about $95. Bike is not rideable till it's fixed.

You can buy a rebuild kit, but I usually buy new items for brake and clutch master cylinders, and clutch slave cylinders. I throw the cleaned-up old ones into a box for the possible use of them (refurbished) in the future.

I believe you're an adherent to the 'reverse-bleed' for the clutch slave and master cylinders, that's the quickest way I know to get a firm lever ASAP. Once you do-it, no-need to use a tie-wrap overnight on the lever, as some swear-by. Next-time you pour a cold-one, watch the bubbles, they rise. The 'reverse-bleed' accomplishes the same thing. Any residual bubbles are expelled when each push on the syringe plunger attached to the bleeder nipple produces a solid (liquid) stream of brake fluid, and the 'fizzies' are gone.

clutch master cyl reverse bleed-geyser.jpgVMax clutch bleed.03.jpgVMax clutch bleed.01.jpgVMax clutch slave cyl.01.jpgVMax clutch bleed.02 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back