Clutch slave rebuild?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tugla

Reaction score
Hi guys, wondering if anyone can shed some light on this. Just finishing cleaning up clutch slave and was checking the new washer i got that fits on the housing part num 90430-10171-00. Now i recheck it is the correct number but it is ever slightly larger od then the old one and doesn't quite fit on the slave unit properly. Fits over the long threaded tube extension but would have to crush it lots to make it fit in the boss on the unit. I know its a crush washer but why the larger od from the old one which fits perfect on the unit? should i just take it get one that fits better?

Thanks

Wonder if they had an engineering change and updated the washer but didn't take into account the width of the counterbore. You really don't want much crush into a counterbore so I would reuse the old washer or get a new one. You can likely get something from your local auto parts house.

Sean

didnt touch the rod gasket because looks impossible to reach it :((( however I still have a leak :(((( I think it's the rod. .how do I replaced the gasket around the rod ? From below looks not good at all and looking straight at the rod. .looks too small space to fit my hands through it
Any one?

Oooops was referring yom the clutch slave I rebuilt a month ago ..still.leak ..I think its from the Rod oring but looks difficult to replace it ...

Help please
Thank you

Back