clutch sliping ,read clutch section not to informative. little help lol.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2stangs69-91

Reaction score
I have over 18000 on my 06 now. I notice what I thought was a clutch slip a few weeks ago but wasnt sure. Well we went on a 700 mile ride over the 3 days last weekend and it is for sure sliping. My last 2 oil changes I have used 15-50 mobil 1 racing oil full synthetic. I am not sure if this helped my problem or not. I know people who run this with no problems, now I am not sure.

If I replace my clutch and use the double D method do I have to buy all new frictions first? does anybody sell this entire setup with out having to piece it together? What exactly do I have to purchase extra?

Is there a better complete setup I can buy that is justs as good I can just throw in? I hate having to piece stuff together. I dont want my bike down for very long.

Anybody think I can just change my oil and it will be find or install a additive that helps the clutch with synthetic oil?

Thanks for your help Mike

Sean Morley can fix you up with everything you will need. My 85 did not like the Mobil one oil, and I did have to replace my clutch after using it.

i also had a problem with synthetic. switched to Castrol 4-cycle oil (local O'Reiley's) and no more clutch slippage... :clapping:

You may be able to add the DD setup and leave the rest alone. The extra clamping pressure will help. We don't normally run the synthetic oils.
Sean

Back