Clutch slipping

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisiekS

Reaction score
HI everyone
I've recently bought a 2015 vmax, v&h exhaust and gurued ECU. Clutch was slipping on higher rpm-s (with full throthle). I bought a new friction discs, but problem still exists.II even swapped a clutch from another vmax, still the same.
What should I do?
Thanks

HI everyone
I've recently bought a 2015 vmax, v&h exhaust and gurued ECU. Clutch was slipping on higher rpm-s (with full throthle). I bought a new friction discs, but problem still exists.II even swapped a clutch from another vmax, still the same.
What should I do?
Thanks

You need this kit: https://guruedgear.com/clutch-spring-retainer-upgrade.html

It doubles up the clutch spring. The stock clutch spring tension is not up to the task once you tune the bike.

Definitely.

This will not only stop the slipping it will also increase the longevity of the clutch by a lot.

I'm a little surprised a new clutch pack didn't fix things temporarily....... But even a new clutch start to slip eventually if you're making more power than stock.

Definitely.

This will not only stop the slipping it will also increase the longevity of the clutch by a lot.

I'm a little surprised a new clutch pack didn't fix things temporarily....... But even a new clutch start to slip eventually if you're making more power than stock.
Thank you very much.

HI everyone
What should I do?
Thanks
I had the same thing. In fact it was so minor that nobody else could tell it.
After 77k miles I finally had the plates replaced, friction, springs and Master cylinder replaced. All in all it was around 800.00. Many other places quoted 1300.00.

Back