Collectible?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexI

Reaction score
Will a 95 Vmax be a collectible anywhere in the near future? I have a vmax with 5700 miles on it and a friend wants to buy it for 4500 bucks. Don't know if I should sell it or wait a couple years for it to appreciate in value. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
5700 hours or miles?

thats a pretty reasonable price, but dont' count on it appreciating I don't think, for probably 10-15 years at least and it'd have to be perfect stock condition.

4,500$ is roughly the fair going price for that bike. I think they will go up in value in the coming future. Thats why my goal is acquire a few more of them to guarantee I will have a stock pile of bikes and parts in the future so my kids will be able to ride em.

I dont know how you would track hours on a bike, it aint a forklift:ummm:.
You should see how many miles I can put down in 60min.:rocket bike:

4,500 bucks. I'd have that sold yesterday. Only Maxes I see "collectible status" are first year the lower production number the better, 2005 aniversary, and early production number 08s. Now if you have perfect yellow 1994 tins(bodywork) that might have some value like carbon bike or 85 side covers.

I'd ride it.

It's not going to go through the roof anytime soon.
Enjoy it. Unless you need the cash of course.

Now if you have perfect yellow 1994 tins(bodywork) that might have some value like carbon bike or 85 side covers.

I actually have a complete brand new set of 94 bodywork that I purchased just before they were no longer available because that is my favorite Max color of all time. Even have the tank badges and all the decals that go under the top. (They do not come with the badges or decals which have to be ordered separately). All are new in a heavily padded box in storage. Total cost was over $700 at the time I believe. Just need to find a new 2007 leftover Max to put them on. :clapping:

I think the 85 has the best chance.

So what should I do with my '85 (I bought last year with 15k miles, now has 20k)? I'm thinking maybe ride it till it turns over the odometer to all zeros, then sell it as a low-mile unit? hehehe

You fools see what a new in the box back rest went for on Ebay? Close to five bills. Used are well over three. All for a part that Yamaha lists at 177 bucks and some change! Collectible? I guess....

Ive noticed that. Ive been kinda looking for the one or any one that my Dad use to have around. He had on back in the day for me when I was a kid, then I graduated up to the grab bar. haha

So Im guessing you cant buy em OEM from the dealer anymore? Im gonna check on Monday. My xgirl was complaining about not having one. May be good for the next one.

I turned my '85 odometer over to all zeros a few years ago, but now it's got 20,000 more miles on it. The way it's running now, I'll keep it till it turns back to all zeros again.

What other bike has been produced for 25 years and counting?

How many Vmax's were sold from release to now? :ummm:

What other bike has been produced for 25 years and counting?

I'm thinking HD's haven't changed significantly in at least double that length of time. Once you've seen one of them from way back in the 60's, you've seen pretty much all of them. IMO-just saying.

'Course, my opinion don't count for much - just ask the wife.

Yea. I agree.

A few months ago I was thinking keep my 85 vmax stock cuz one day who knows what it will be worth. But the more I think about it , the more I come to my conclusion that it wont be a collectible bike.

And to start tricking it out with aftermarket gear.

Hey Rebar, you need another Max for riding and abusing and get the 85 back to concours condition using it in parades and such! That damn Mod Monkey is a m?#*+?<F$@&/?@(
I'm spread so thin between three Maxes I doubt I'll ever be finished! So the life goes for a Vmax addict.

Latest posts

Back