Comfort needed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnChristof

Reaction score
I have a 2020 VMAX. I would like to make the bike more comfortable to ride. Can anyone tell me if you know a way to move the footpegs forward with forward controls? I would like to be about 10 inches forward of stock. Also, any ideas on moving handlebars back to allow a more upright sitting postion? Thanks.

UFO used to make handlebar risers. Sean might have something or a different handlebar you can try.

1st gen for me, but anything for 7/8" bars should work. The parts I posted links to are for Gen 2.
I drove three hours to pick up a Gen 2, but passed after the test ride.
I also passed on a VTX 1800 and a Buell 1125 CR after the test rides. Next up will be checking out a Diavel.

For now, I'm sticking with my naked Gen 1 and a Terminator-style Fatboy.

Did the changes you made to the bars work with stock cables and brake lines?
On their order site they say you have to order 20 sets as a minimum order. Did they say that when you bought yours? I sent them an email about the minimum order but have not heard back yet. Is the supplier over-seas? Do you know of a vendor in the USA?

1st gen for me, but anything for 7/8" bars should work. The parts I posted links to are for Gen 2.
I drove three hours to pick up a Gen 2, but passed after the test ride.
I also passed on a VTX 1800 and a Buell 1125 CR after the test rides. Next up will be checking out a Diavel.

For now, I'm sticking with my naked Gen 1 and a Terminator-style Fatboy.
Pics of your Fatty, Id like to get one.

I tried the Rox risers and could not make the hydraulic lines work.
I also managed to put a few scratches in the handlebar paint as well, so be careful !
I suppose with a lot of re-routing they might work but I was not willing to go that far.

Did the changes you made to the bars work with stock cables and brake lines?

Yes, but I flipped the bars, so they are just a bit lower and more forward than stock.

BEFORE:

CMAdO34.jpg

AIIHDrd.jpg

AFTER:
HrdVtdu.jpg

iJoXIlB.jpg

I had the same issues, many hours and $$ later.....

Rox 2" risers do work. I had to go to multiple shops until I found a guy competent enough to re route the lines to make it fit. I was ready to buy longer lines etc but we found a way.

There are no forward controls for the gen 2, the link above that says 'forward controls' is a lie. Those are higher up and further back rearsets. I have the corbin 1" peg drop plates AND the exactrep 1" peg drop plates. Both work but feel different because the corbins also move the pegs further forward. I am using the exactrep ones for now.

I also changed to different pegs which don't have the rubber platform so they are lower.

And yes, mine is a gen 2 like yours.

Back