Comparing VTX1800 br. m. cylinder and Vmax.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DreamV4

Reaction score
Vmax manual doesn't specify m. cyl. diameter, VTX1800 does, it is 14mm. Considering VTX1800 is about 100lb. heavier, can we say 14mm should be enough for Vmax?
Vmax is definitely "sportier" bike, but it is not a sport bike. Brake power depends on weight of bike most of all, not engine power.(??????)
Trying to find some logic here.

It isn't about weight it's about physics and hydraulics. Stop trying to put a pint of strawberries in a quart container and calling it, "full."

The number of pistons, the number of calipers and the charts which show the 'sweet-spot' number you need to attain are where you need to be spending your time. Those charts have been posted on-here numerous times.

We all know what is said about the person who does the same thing, time-after-time, and is expecting different results.

Front Master Cylinder Ratio Chart (vintagebrake.com)

Last edited:
I bought 2 16mm master cylinders, which turned out to be 14mm. Considering one of them works fine in my opinion(old one was 12mm), I am not going to keep buying "16mm" cylinders just to return them.
I really would like to see pages of Vmax and ZRX1200 manuals, specifying cylinder diameter.

Latest posts

Back