Competition Werkes Integrated Taillight w/Clear Lens

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
link sucks. I have a clear led light with the integrated signals. Just installed it this week. A liitle work needed to modify the inner fender, but well worth it

If it replaces stock bulbs with led's don't waste your time unless you like the big goofy tail light............

Go with CBR integrated tail light mod!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Mine is the CBR light. The bike looks great without that big taillight hanging out of the rear fender, and those big, heavy,dorky, orange lolipops look great in the box of vmax spares. Rear tire looks alot fatter without the clutter now

mine is the cbr light. The bike looks great without that big taillight hanging out of the rear fender, and those big, heavy,dorky, orange lolipops look great in the box of vmax spares. Rear tire looks alot fatter without the clutter now

+1

He is right thats what it says... but then again ive known sites to confuse the two namely cruiser customizing... light looks cool tho might fit with some modifications

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Update: I had called the company and they have advised me the taillight DOES in fact fit the 85 Max. The link from earlier post is an older model which they updated to look like the 2009 -13 taillight. Not a bad price considering the light for the 09-13 costs 800.00 :surprise: on thier site. I had asked if this was a misprint and the answer is no.

Decided to be a trailblazer and ordered this from Amazon. Just arrived yesterday. Held it up to the fender to be sure it was for the Gen 1. Looks perfect.

I'll hook it up this weekend or maybe next. Will post photos of install and results.

Only thing of note so far is that it doesn't look like it includes anything as far as a license plate bracket so I'll have to figure something out. It doesn't appear as though it includes white LEDs to light a plate, but I'll know for sure when I hook it up. Worst case I'll run and grab the cheapest 2-4 white LED strip at Autozone or Wally world and 3M tape it somewhere.

Well... I'm not sure what's up here, but so far it's not looking so good.

It seems too wide for the subfender mounts:
UaCKAx8l.jpg

It seems a bit poorly shaped to fit nicely against the fender:
2TYzC3Zl.jpg

The provided molex don't appear to be for the V-Max at all:
yE62iYLl.jpg

The part number matches what the various sites say fit the Gen-1 (MPH-50092C)... maybe there's supposed to be some modification for fit, or I'm looking at this totally wrong? There are no provided instructions...
l5DfKPjl.jpg

Maybe I got shipped the Gen-2 version by mistake? The 800 number on the packaging just rings through and eventually disconnects. No voicemail or anything... will try again during the week and hope somebody answers :/

Anybody have any ideas on this?

The manufacturer picked up their phone today. Odd they don't have so much as a message stating office hours on the weekends, but whatever.

They confirmed that the light is only intended for the Gen2. PartsUnlimited listed it wrong, and various vendors across the web are simply resellers for PartsUnlimited - so they all list it wrong.

Competition Werkes does not make a Gen1 light at all.

Well fuck... now that I know for sure it's the wrong part and there is no manufacturer replacement... maybe I'll take a real close look on if it can be modded to fit similar to the CBR taillight mod. There's for sure gaps where it doesn't quite line up along the fender, but from the CBR taillight pics that's the same story there too.

I'm not sure if the mod monkey will win this round or if I'll simply get a refund.

Update: I had called the company and they have advised me the taillight DOES in fact fit the 85 Max. The link from earlier post is an older model which they updated to look like the 2009 -13 taillight. Not a bad price considering the light for the 09-13 costs 800.00 :surprise: on thier site. I had asked if this was a misprint and the answer is no.

Who did you speak to over there? Was it Competition Werkes or a vendor? I'm thinking whoever answered the phone was talking out of their ass :bang head:

Latest posts

Back