Completely DEAD bike.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remeber Me

Reaction score
Went for a ride last night and everything was fine. Took the key out covered the bike. This mornign I started changing out my turn signals to clear ones (nice) and after wiring up the first one I turned the key to ON. NOTHING LIT UP! No dash lights, no power to anything (I have a volt meter and it says 0.00). I checked the 4 fuses under the cover and they are all fine. Yes, it is in the RUN position. How bizarre. The RAGE you get from this kind of stuff is intense but luckily know body came up to me for quite a while afterward so it dissipated (whew!). Any ideas on what usually goes so quickly on these bikes (once again, NOT BATTERY, SWITCH SETTING, or 4 FUSES).

Went for a ride last night and everything was fine. Started changing out my turn signals to clear ones (nice) and after wiring up the first one I turned the key to ON. NOTHING LIT UP! No dash lights, no power to anything (I have a volt meter and it says 0.00). I checked the 4 fuses under the cover and they are all fine. Yes, it is in the RUN position. How bizarre. The RAGE you get from this kind of stuff is intense but luckily know body came up to me for quite a while afterward so it dissipated (whew!). Any ideas on what usually goes so quickly on these bikes (once again, NOT BATTERY, SWITCH SETTING, or 4 FUSES).
I had the same exact thing happen to my maxim about two months ago. Luckily I haven't had it happen on my vmax yet. It ended up being that one of the main power feeds into the fuse block had become very brittle and that wire was only holding on by one or two strands of the braided copper. After I recut the wire and put it back together, it started better than it had in the previous two years. I had something else similar happen when the Kill switch wires inside the right hand assembly wore a hole through the sheilding from vibration and were shorting out on the handlebars.

I don't know if this will help you at all. Just some of my experience.

It was the main fuse all right. Might be how I wired the clear signals. Anyone know the right way to wire these generic turn signals, they came with no instruction (signal fronts have Red, White/black, Black going to bikes Blue, Green, Black)?

Just amazing no one has offered a clue on this till now.
The big trick is knowing White/Black goes to the bike's Black wire.

Right side:

signal White/Black goes to BIKE'S BLACK -

signal Red goes to bike Green -

signal all Black goes to the bike's Blue.

Left side:

signal White/Black to BIKE"S BLACK -

signals Red goes to bike Brown -

signals Black goes to bike's Blue.

I figured mine out when I put new signals on the front.

But I forgot the sequence, I was too lazy to go out and poke around. :whistlin:

Another thing is you have to cut 3/8 off the rear signal bolts so the fender can go back on. I used a small dremel.

Latest posts

Back